Post # 1
Where are you all in your planning at this point? I’d like to know where I should be in the planning stages.
Post # 3
Happy less than a year before ALL July weddings! 🙂 344 days to go!! Here is what we have done NOW!
- Venue Booked (includes catering)
- Photographer Booked (Engagement session Sept 4th!)
- Florist booked
- Baker booked
- DJ booked
- Invitations and Save the dates purchased
- Favors and favor boxes purchased
- Wedding Sign (for drive up to venue) purchased
- Wedding Bands purchased (almost done paying mine off!!)
- Centerpiece factors purchased (DIY)
- Officiant “booked” (family friend)
- Ceremony music “booked” (fiance’s granddad-he’s a professional fiddler)
- Wedding party decided and asked
- Theme/colors decided
- Guest List finalized (hopefully…..)
- Honeymoon is decided and BOOKED! (not flights of course)
- Wedding party gifts purchased
- Working on hotel blocks right now (hotelplanner.com is awesome for that)
- Dress shopping starts this weekend!
I feel like there is more I’ve gotten done but I can’t think of it right now!
What about everyone else?
Post # 4
We’re doing 7/7/12 and here’s our progress:
Colors, theme and guest list are decided.
Venue, photographer, florist, live band, make up artist, officiant and hotel blocks are booked.
Invitations, favors and dress are ordered, STDs are sent out (it’s a faraway destination wedding).
Not booked and not planned and not purchased yet: videographer, caterer, cake baker, wedding bands, wedding songs list, and honeymoon.
Post # 5
I feel so behind!!
So far we have:
- Color and theme
- Wedding party decided
- Centerpieces decided and in the process of buying
- brooches for bouquet bought
- Card box made
- Honeymoon is decided and booked!!!
- Ispy and Crossword puzzle made
That is pretty much all. In the next week or two we will have the ceremony site booked, guest list, and hopefully reception site picked out.
Oh goodness! There is so much to do!!
Post # 6
I’ve been planning since day one of our engagement 10 months ago, so pretty much have most things! This is what we’ve done so far:
- Venue booked
- Photographer booked
- Videographer arranged (future hubby’s Godmother)
- Church booked
- Registrar booked/ marriage licence arranged
- Rolls Royce Phantom booked for transport (only thing that’ll fit my dress in!)
- Dress bought
- Bridesmaid dresses bought
- Bridesmaid shoes bought
- My shoes bought
- Hairpiece/ side tiara bought
- All my jewellery
- Old, new, borrowed and blue sorted- Old: lace from Mum’s wedding dress sewn into my garter. New: Tiara. Borrowed: Cathedral veil from Future Sister-In-Law. Blue: Hidden blue crystal on the underside of my tiara.
- Florist booked
- Photobooth booked
- Choir booked
- Bought my wedding rosary
- Hair stylist and MUA booked, trial also booked for end of Sept to try out the airbrush make up
- Hair accessories bought for bridesmaids
- DIY drink stirrers made
- Semi DIY paper straws with butterflies made
- Guestbook bought
- Evening clutch bag bought
- Semi DIY STD nearly finished. Just need to back them onto some coloured card to finish.
- Invitations, orders of service etc bought.
- Hymns, readings etc chosen for ceremony
- Readers chosen for ceremony
- Chosen my wedding band at a local boutique and payed off 1/4 of it so far
- Flower girl dress and accessories
- Made loads of photobooth props- things on sticks mostly!
- Chosen first dance song
- Made birdcage card box
- Made personalised diamante hangers for bridal party
- Bought personalised wire name dress hanger
- Booked three hotels for our Italian honeymoon
- Cake ordered
- Guest list drawn up (still hoping to cut it down a bit)
- 98% finished with family wedding photo display. All printed and framed with three or so left to collect on FI’s side (damn his HUGE family lol)
- Bought hymn music sheet confetti cones from etsy and decorated with own satin ribbon
- Table numbers and place cards bought
I’m sure I’m forgetting things as well! Really all we have left to do is:
- Book suit hire for the gents (chosen company and suits already)
- Book string quartet for drinks reception
- Make inserts for order of service booklets (bought covers only to make own inserts)
- bridal party cards/gifts
- book with wedding hire company for decorative items- easel, crystal votives etc
- Book chair covers
- Finalise menu
- My underwear
- Book flights/ internal travel for honeymoon
- Arrange sposi novelli (newlywed blessing) tickets for papal Wednesday audience during honeymoon through our priest- on my to do list for after Mass tomorrow!
- Make crystal wedding tree for family wedding pic display
- Flip flop basket
- Bathroom baskets (although have made a start)
- Make boxes/ decorate baskets for holding orders of service, confetti cones etc
Have done lots but still have lots to keep me going! The big thing now is working extra hard to pay this lot off! Am sure I’ll be back to edit this when something else pops in my head!!
Post # 7
We just put our deposit down to reserve our venue last week, so that’s the most concrete planning we’ve done!
We’ve done the other “thinking about” stuff like coming up with a budget, guestlist, and colors/theme too. We’re planning a lot of DIY and vintage touches in our wedding, so we’ve been picking up old books anytime we pass a Goodwill, but other than that, we’re not super active in our planning.
I’m using Real Simple’s checklist as a guide, and I feel pretty good about it.
Post # 8
we’ve got all the “big” stuff taken care of- ceremony and reception sites, DJ, photographer, coordinator, harpist for ceremony, honeymoon booked, dress and shoes ordered, bridesmaid dresses selected. need to figure out bakery next and transportation for wedding party. all in due time…
Post # 9
I feel so behind! We haven’t sent out anything when it comes to STDs, invitations, anything like that. I haven’t even ordered my dress yet! (Although that will be done in the next couple of weeks most definitely) The only thing that is 100% done is our baker has been booked and our reception venue is booked and we have an officiant. Looking at this page gave me a slight eye twitch. I gotta get moving!
Post # 10
I’m super type A, and really GUNG-HO about our wedding, so I’m pretty sure everything is done except we still have to work on parking, and we still have to get a cake baker, we tried two last week, and we have one tomorrow, so that’s almost squared away. Invites and all other paper products are designed, and will be ordered as Vistaprint sends me more deals… I’m DIY-ing decorations, many of which can’t be done until the day before (prep can be done ahead, but finishing will be day before) At this point, its wait-for-it with the paper products, move along on DIY over the winter, and save money! All the planning is done, just the DIY is left 🙂 The fun part! YAY!