Calling October 2017 Brides!! How ya'll doing?

posted 9 months ago in October 2017
Post # 2
961 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

FutureMrsHitBee :  Woohoo! You’re definitely on the right track and getting things accomplished. Sorry to hear about your officiant falling through, but happy to hear that you have lots of people supporting you guys. That is the most important thing!

My date is October 19, 2017 and my entire check list is DONE! But that’s because I was liberated when I decided to marry without the hooplah of the wedding. We were initally going to do an intimate wedding at a beautiful plantation (I picked the venue, dress, and my Pinterest board was ready to go) but some family drama stopped me in my tracks. And I’m so glad it happened the way it did.

Instead, we’ll be having an afternoon ceremony — no reception with only 8 onlookers (very close family only) and then we’re jetsetting straight to a 7-day Caribbean cruise honeymoon with them in tow. I’m so excited to be marrying the love of my life! Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials, bee! xoxo

Post # 3
331 posts
Helper bee

The new year did certainly make me think I needed to sort now,

Here’s my list:

Venue

We’re going to give notice with the registar on friday

My outfit (just need to pick my shoes up)

Nearly all of fi’s he just needs a shirt

Got both of our rings (it’s one of the first things I bought)

Buttonholes and my bouqet

Most of the invites have been sent

I’ve started some of the finer things like getting jars for the sweet table and got some cute bubbles as favours.

I guess it’s sorting the bridesmaids and their flowers, ordering krispy kremes and sorting the sweets table that left to do. I need to get the honeymoon booked as soon as work confirms I have it off. 

I did have a bit of a freak out over the budget last week but fi calmed me down massively (and reminded me getting a house bought a couple of months late wouldnt be so bad) and after that I sat down and looked into costs of the smaller things and realised I didnt need to panic so much after all. Apart from that one incident I’ve been really calm the whole planning process just a bit impatient to get married now at this point 😛 

Post # 6
178 posts
Blushing bee

Wow, well my fiancé and I are getting married on the 28th of October! And I have, ( after much convincing as fiancé thinks we have plenty of time)

– venue for reception booked

– ceremony booked

– celebrant booked

– dress bought

– photographer booked

– dj sorting out tomorrow (meeting with him) 

– bridesmaid dresses bought

– rings organised 

– florist contacted and I’m meeting with them on the 1.2.17.

and Ive bought my centre pieces, garter, wedding shoes, mrs and mr sign and toasting wine glasses.

there is still so much to do!

Post # 7
158 posts
Blushing bee

yay for October – Our date is October 14th  ! We have pretty much everything booked: venue, officiant, photographer, dj, decore+floral lady, shuttle rented, dress bought, bridesmaid dresses picked, hotel block reserved, website ready, hair & makeup booked. We are pretty sure we have decided on our favours (donuts from a local bakery – so good!) 

Still need to get fiance his band, and suit (but know where we are going to buy or rent from)
I won free letterpress invitations – so we need to meet with her to design the invites.

Decide if we are going to have cake or cupcakes and who we want to use.

go over the details about the menu – we have done our tasting already – inhouse catering at our venue.

We have to decide the decore details & flowers with my decore & floral lady.

& last we will have to get our license but can’t get that until just before the wedding as it’s only valid for so many days. 

So glad to finally say we’re getting married this year!! 😀

Post # 9
1506 posts
Bumble bee

FutureMrsHitBee :  I have been engaged nearly a year, so I have lots of things done. Here is what I have done, our Big day is Oct 7!

Venue

Caterer

Cocktail hour snacks

Photographer

DJ

Officiant

Flowers

Cake

Dress

BM Dresses

Ceremony decor

Save the Dates are out!

Invitiations are designed

Guestbook alternative designed and being made!

Working on Favors (making them myself)

Still need to purchase our wedding bands, finalize the menu with the caterer, Choose reception decor (which includes several DIY pieces), make the boutonnieres, DIY photobooth, cocktail hour decorations, Fittings, my FI and Groomsmen attire, AH! So much left to do!!

Post # 10
136 posts
Blushing bee

October bride too! 21st 🙂

Wow this thread has sent me into a panic!! You’re all so organised! I have a venue, photographer, centrepiences made (thanks grandma!) and maybe a dress. I think I need to get my backside into gear!

Can I ask, when do you plan to send invites out to an October wedding?

Post # 11
99 posts
Worker bee

We’re planning our wedding Oct 14 and I feel like I haven’t done a lot yet.

-Venue booked

-Photographer booked

-Food booked (my sister’s MIL is doing the food)

-Cake booked (a family friend of the MIL is making it)

-Hopefully getting the dress ordered this week, I had a bad first experience wedding dress shopping over the weekend

I was going to have already sent out the Save the Dates but I’m back and forth about a wedding so we might just send out invitations in July/August after I know for sure we’re going through with it 😛

Post # 12
31 posts
Newbee

7th October over here too! We’ve done:

church booked

reception venue and catering

transport

wedding band (the musical type not the rings!)

photographer

videographer

honeymoon

florist

my dress, veil egc

Bridesmaids dress fabric chosen (I’m making their dresses myself)

save the dates have gone out

next to do:

boys suits

draft invitations (another DIY!)

photobooth

wedding rings

reception music (string trio or quartet)

starting to get really excited now 🙂

Post # 13
572 posts
Busy bee

So exciting! Here’s what I have so far:

-Ceremony venue

-Reception venue (includes catering and cake)

-Officiant

-Transportation

-Hair and makeup

-Dress (ordered end of December, should be here in May)

-Photographer

-Band

-Bridesmaid’s dresses picked (not yet ordered, waiting on a couple to get measured and will order them all at once)

-Save the dates (mailed out the first batch yesterday!)

Still to do: book videographer, choose and book florist, select groom and groomsman’s wear, book honeymoon, choose and order flower girl dress, select invitations, buy wedding rings (although we’ve already decided which ones we want, matching rose gold bands from the store FI got my ering)- still seems like so much! I had a big push in January to get things done as I’m in a really busy time of work right now and I’d put a lot of things off till after the holidays. It really started feeling real though after starting to mail on save the dates yesterday!

Post # 14
961 posts
Busy bee

I’m getting so excited bees – 6 more months to go!! xoxo

Post # 15
1 posts
Wannabee

New here! Wedding date is 10/21/2017! 170 days to go.

What we have checked off our list

~Ceremony and Reception Venue booked

~Catering (hired just need to decide on food)

~Cakes ordered

~His ring

~Flowers

~Bought my dress

~BM dresses ordered

~Flower girl dress ordered

~Decor is paid for (our venue does all the decorating, we just have to pick it out)

~Hair and make up booked

~Photographer booked

~DJ booked

~Officiant booked

~Sending out STD this week

~Invitations bought

~Bridal party gifts done

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors