(Closed) Calling off the wedding & Lost our dream house – This sucks so bad

posted 10 years ago in Emotional
Post # 22
1252 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

View original reply
@MrsDiddles: We ended up getting married at the Baltimore Museum of Industry instead and it was better than I ever imagined 🙂  And I have lived in Columbia since I was 10, so if need any advice on realtors, bankers, or neighborhoods I’d be happy to help 🙂

Post # 23
3260 posts
Sugar bee

I don’t agree with your Fiance continuing to chop down your budget and going against your dream wedding. If you are both paying for the wedding, you should have an equal say in what amount you want to spend. I understand how you’d be feeling, because going from a 40k wedding to 7k  wedding must really but a damper on your plans.

Tell him how you feel, and negotiate a mid point. Just becaues its “one day” doesn’t mean it doesn’t have significance.

Post # 25
4799 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I am SO GLAD you talked to him and worked it all out!! Good luck to the two of you, I hope you end up finding a house you love even more and get it!

Post # 26
7305 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

I am glad to hear that you two talked things over and came to an agreement. You can have a lovely wedding on a $20k budget, and the housing market around here should still be just as dismal in the spring as it is now. I don’t see prices increasing dramatically any time soon!

Post # 27
1747 posts
Bumble bee

@MrsDiddles: I would buy the dream house, a fabulous wedding dress, spend 5k on flowers and food and get married in my new home. You have your entire life to be happy, the wedding is not the end all be all. Its the marriage and relationship that counts. I would not stress my Fiance out about a dream wedding to make up for prior let downs in life. I’m sorry this is happening but you are a WOMAN. We can do anything, pull it together and create something fabulous that you can afford. Good luck.

Post # 28
1252 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

View original reply
@MrsDiddles: So glad it worked out AND so glad you decided not to skip the wedding!  I do understand what people are saying, but I think you can buy another house in 6 months or a year, and you only get one shot at the wedding 🙂  What venue are you considering? 

The topic ‘Calling off the wedding & Lost our dream house – This sucks so bad’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors