Calling to May 2019 (and all 2019) brides and bridegrooms!

posted 9 months ago in May 2019
Post # 2
30 posts
Newbee

We’ll be getting married in 2019 and most likely in May! We got engaged on Thanksgiving. My Fiance finishes medical school May 2019, so our wedding will most likely be the weekend or two after his graduation so we have enough time to celebrate (and honeymoon) before potentially moving for residency. I’m excited to start planning…we honestly haven’t done half as much as you have! So far we’ve made a tentative guest list and have thrown around some ideas for where we’d like to get married (leaning towards his home state). We’re visiting his family this week for the holidays, so I’m hoping we can look at some wedding venues. Your list has given me some inspiration of things to start researching though. A lot of my married gfs told me told me to enjoy being engaged for a while before planning, so I’m trying to do that before wedding planning becomes all consuming, but planning just seems too fun wink

Post # 4
90 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2019

cindyckx :  I definitely don’t blame you for buying your shoes already. I think when you know, you know. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Can I see them?!?

We’re getting married January 2019! But we’re kind of out of the box and are doing a super casual DW in Costa Rica. So I need to get a lawyer lined up to marry us, and we’re pretty much set.

The venue is booked, website is made, and Save The Dates are being designed. Future Brother-In-Law is taking pictures, Future Sister-In-Law is making the cake, sister is doing my hair, BFF is doing my makeup, and we’ll play our own music over speakers. The rental has a private chef, so we’ll use her services for dinner that night.

I have dress appointments between now and March, which is the main thing I’m excited about. All of the rest of my effort can go into planning our trip/honeymoon, and helping our guests plan theirs!

Post # 5
339 posts
Helper bee

I’m getting married on May 18, 2019! I picked out our venue, photographer and caterer so far. I’ve decided on a color theme and picked out some decorations for it. Obviously creates a checklist and even a couple of tentative seating charts. 

This month, a few of my bridesmaids are going to wedding expos for some more inspiration. 

Post # 6
533 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2019

I’m getting married August 2019 and so far have a venue booked, and have narrowed down my top choices and been setting up/attending meetings for photographers and caterers. We know the guest count we want to be around, but we’re probably going to bang out an official guest list draft this weekend. 

minimalistbeex :  We’re going to a wedding expo this weekend too! I’m not expecting to get too terribly much out of it, but think it will be fun just to see what’s out there. 

Post # 7
90 posts
Worker bee

pawneegoddess :  Good luck with the guest list! That can actually be a pretty difficult part of the process, haha. Is the venue big? Or will you have to stay pretty conservative with your list?

Post # 8
634 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2019

We got engaged at the end of September.  So far not a ton yet has been done.  We hired a wedding planner.  We’ve decided on our date though everything is moving slowly in PR so we’ve verbally agreed to a date and venue, we’re just waiting on the contract.  We’ve put together a PPT with inspiration for our planner.  We’ve also started our guest list which is giving me major anxiety.  Trying to strike that balance between not inviting too many people and getting out of budget or having an overwhelming # and not having too small a wedding (it’s a destination wedding so know it’s a gamble of who will actually come). 

Honestly the thing I’ve probably made the most progress on is dress shopping since I know I want to do some pre-vetting before I shop with family.  I’ve been to 4 shops so far and think I found my dress at the 4th, but still have more appointments coming up because it’s such an investment and I want to be 100% sure.

Honestly once we have the venue secured and have had a conversation with our planner about what to do with kids (we desperately want an adult only wedding and know people who have done that even with destination weddings but we want to be gracious hosts so are trying to figure out a compromise around childcare) and have our save the dates out I think I will feel much more relaxed.

Post # 9
493 posts
Helper bee

cindyckx :  April 2019 bride here! We just booked our venue a couple weeks ago, and now we’re securing what we consider “major” vendors – looks like lots give you discounts if you book more than a year out or “January” type discounts, so I’m tyring to get on it! Plan to have band and photog booked by the end of this week.

We got engaged beginning of December!

Post # 10
289 posts
Helper bee

Not engaged, but dropping by to say that if all goes according to plan, this could/will likely be me! It feels so weird to out that in writing tongue-out

Post # 12
90 posts
Worker bee

cindyckx :  Those are beautiful! Do you think you’ll end up with lace on your dress?

kelbrimale :  Omigosh, good luck with the kids issue! We are also doing no kids for our Destination Wedding. Luckily Fiance is 100% on board. We’ve accepted the fact that if someone doesn’t want to leave their kid(s) behind, they won’t come. . . Still getting some weird messages from people, as if they think we’ll make allowances for them. We have 17 nieces and nephews between the two of us, and we’ll all be staying at a vacation rental. Nooooo thank you.

Post # 14
533 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2019

puravida2019 :  It can hold a max of 130, so not too big or too small. We’re hoping to go no higher than 100, so hopefully it won’t be a huge struggle!

Post # 15
72 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2019

I am a September 2019 bride and I can’t wait. We booked our venue shortly after getting engaged. Where we are located, venues book up very quickly. We originally went looking for 2018 but they were all booked so 2019 it is. Anyways, we have our venue/caterer. We’ve booked our photographer, DJ, florist and transportation. All of which gave us 2017 pricing for a 2019 date. 

I accidentally ordered my dress. That will take a couple more months to come in but I am super excited and super in love with it. 

We’ve decided on a colour scheme and I’ve been getting together ideas to go with it.

We have most of the bridal party asked. We just have one more person on each side to ask. 

I am considering looking at bridesmaid dresses soon. I’m 29 and most of my bridesmaids are having kids. So a lot of them want to get measured now so that they can pop out a kiddo before the wedding. 

The next thing on my to-do list is to get pictures done (his friend is a photographer too) and we will use those for the save-the dates. I keep going back and fourth on when to send these. The boards on this site keep saying 6 months. However, over the holidays ALL of my relatives asked where the STD’s were and that they were trying to book vacations for 2019. Also, most of our guests are from out of town. So I’m going back and fourth with that.

I am also considering booking our hair & make up soon. My esthetician is booking up for 2018 so I want to lock her down for 2019 make up… I’m thinking of getting a trial done with her on the day I get those STD pictures done just to be sure. 

A lot of bridal shows are popping up so that will keep me going during the winter months. Once summer comes it will start to flyyyy by! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors