(Closed) Camo FH & GM Attire! HELP!

posted 8 years ago in Grooms/men
Post # 3
53 posts
Worker bee

i was going to suggest a camo tie with plain shirt and black pants.

But since you say no ties…..

Do you like the idea of them wearing that?

Post # 5
13096 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

I’m not catholic but I know catholic churches can have a lot of rules when it comes to their ceremonies.  I might check with your church (since you say you are having a traditional catholic church wedding) and make sure they’re alright with that attire.  That seems really casual for a church ceremony (especially traditional catholic ceremony) to me.

That said I think you also need to convince him to wear either a jacket or a tie (he doesn’t have to do both, but at least add one of the two).  As it stands now, I think it will look too casual and maybe a little disheveled / sloppy.  What are the BMs going to wear?

Post # 6
739 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

@futuremrskoch: What type of dress are you wearing?  I’ve seen weddings where grooms refuse to dress up but the bride still wears a formal wedding gown.  In my opinion, it just looks awkward in the pictures.  If you will be dressed informally as well, it could work.  But, if you are going to wear a formal gown, I’d encourage him to dress up!

Post # 7
1667 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

can’t he save the camo for another day? It’s your wedding for pete’s sake. @Mrs.KMM: is right, a lot of churchs have rules about attire, so I’d check with them first. If he absolutely must have camo. Can you convince him to wear a solid shirt and maybe do camo cufflinks or something? I mean, I know he may love the camo now, but you guys are going to be looking at these pictures in 40 years, will he still love camo then?

Post # 8
13096 posts
Honey Beekeeper

I like ktisthatbees idea of smaller touches of camo.  Maybe you could have him wear a normal suit (I’m also one of those that thinks a casual groom with a bride in formal wedding gown looks silly) with camo cufflinks and socks?  Or if you could get him in a tux, he could have camo cufflinks, socks, and pocketsquare?  Something like that would look very put together but still a little fun and with personality!

Post # 9
13096 posts
Honey Beekeeper

Here’s some things like ktisthatbees and I were talking about that could add smaller touches of camo:

http://www.sockdreams.com/products/camouflage-mens-socks
[attachment=1291354,164396]

http://carsonscollectiblestx.amazonwebstore.com/Oval-Cufflinks-of-Camouflage-by-Andy/M/B001V4LQEI.htm?traffic_src=froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=froogle
[attachment=1291354,164397]

http://carsonscollectiblestx.amazonwebstore.com/Square-Cufflinks-of-Camouflage-by-Andy/M/B001V4LQBG.htm?traffic_src=froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=froogle
[attachment=1291354,164398]

You could even have some of your own camo with a garter!  I get the idea that your Fiance would probably like that!

http://www.weddingaccessories.net/-strse-371/desert-camouflage-wedding-garter/Detail.bok
[attachment=1291354,164399]

http://www.amazon.com/Hortense-Hewitt-Wedding-Accessories-Creations/dp/B0012SNZHO
[attachment=1291354,164400]

Post # 10
62 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Is he absolutely a NO on the tux or tie, etc? I have a groom who tried to pull that with me as well and this bride threw a bit of a fit =)  (Yes i will admit that just this once!) haha 

I am all for compromise as well as integrating things that reflect the people we are in our wedding but doing the full blown camo bit was something we had to negotiate… SO…he agreed to a tux BUT he is wearing a camo vest and tie, Then the groomsmen are wearing a chocolate brown vest with camo tie and the ushers are wearing both chocolate brown vest and tie. Now this may not work for you guys depending on your colors and the compromise you guys are making but it worked out for us and i must admit it will look pretty darn cute and still with a touch of class believe it or not!

Hope this helps you some! Good luck with your wedding and i’m sure no matter what decisions you make it will be a great and beautiful day!

Post # 11
1995 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I do not think that will fly with the church!  What does his mother say?  or your mother?  Does he seriously think that he’ll get away with that, or is it just a joke?  I agree – you should state (atleast for the ceremony & photos) suit and/or tie mandatory.  No questions, it’s your wedding!  At the reception he could have a 2nd outfit! lol. 2nd “dress” anyone! lol.

add touches of camo somewhere – boutineer, tie, cufflinks, SOCKS!!

Post # 12
560 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

For the life of my I can’t remember where I saw the photo, but the groomsmen and groom wore camo vests under their tuxes… could that be an option?

~~~

I googled this.. 

Post # 13
2000 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

Maybe you could compromise & he could get a boutineere that has camo on it? Just an idea. IMO, the groom should have a say-so in the wedding but it IS the brides day. I feel that you’re the one who creates the feel and does all the work, so if he wants a feel for camo under his tux then so be it…and maybe if he doesn’t go with a vest like the picture that the previous poster before me posted, you could do the custom boutineere. I hope everything works out! Coming from a redneck town, I understand how this goes 🙂

Post # 14
2790 posts
Sugar bee

It is pretty often in my area that the men wear camo to their weddings. Boyfriend or Best Friend even said once he would like to wear camo but that is a no go with this girl. I like the idea of a vest with nicer pants and a jacket. Like the ther PP’s you should check with your church on their expectations about attire.

I like the idea of a tie, your garter or other smaller aspects in camo. What about a grooms cake in camo for him? Or what if he can wear camo to the rehearsal dinner and then a more traditional outfit to the ceremony. What if he doesnt wear a tie but a camo vest over a white shirt?

Check these out for hunting cake toppers.

http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?search_query=hunting+cake+topper&search_type=handmade

Post # 16
62 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I posted some photos of our wedding and it will highlight some of the camo if you want to see how ours turned out =) Hope your planning is going well!

The topic ‘Camo FH & GM Attire! HELP!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors