- 7 years ago
- Wedding: August 2011
Planning a wedding is a great test to see who really matters and which friends are truly there for you when you need them.
With that being said, I come to find out one of my great college friends is truely nothing but a scheming parasite and I really would rather not have her in the bridal party or at the wedding itself.
Here are the issues:
1. She said she couldn’t fly out to vegas for my bacholertte party because of the costs.
2. She didn’t offer to help out NOR did she attend either of my two bridal showers. She didn’t even bother sending me a gift. She didn’t even bother RSVP’ing to say she couldn’t make it.
3. When she received the invitation, while talking with a fellow friend, before she realized she was allowed to bring a date, she flipped out and said “what? i can’t bring a date, thats it I’m not going”. Funny thing is she told me she broke up but I still decided to let her bring a guest
4. Returned her RSVP to me 2 weeks after the deadline after I reminded her twice about sending it back. After all that previous drama about bringing a guest she decides not to bring a date.
3. 1 month ago she told me there is a reunion she wants to go to out in Vegas but it was randomly rescheduled on the same weekend of my wedding. She told a fellow bridesmaid that she was planning on sneaking out early (immediatly after dinner to catch a flight) Her thought was that I just WOULDN’T NOTICE. Note:: she couldn’t attend my bachorette party because she didn’t have the money?! When I discused this with her, I said it is very important to me to have my friends, family and especially my bridal party there for the night of my wedding, because well… its sort of a once in a lifetime thing! She didn’t apologize for the fact that her logic was completly rude and inconsiderate but rather apologized for ‘stressing me out’.
Now its three weeks before the wedding and I just feel like I can’t trust her. I keep thinking she will call in sick the day of the wedding, sneak out early or not have fun. She didn’t have to buy a bridesmaid dress because she already owned the one I picked out. I also didn’t require the bridesmaids to buy specific shoes, soo as of right now she has spent ZERO dollars on this wedding.
What I want to do is call her up and say “Up until this point I have been recieving an aweful vibe from you reguarding the wedding. I know you are busy with your job, a family illness and so own (thats bullshit, but it makes it sound less harsh). I understand you want to go to vegas for that reunion and quite frankly I don’t want you to feel as if you need to be part of the wedding. I don’t want you to sit there during the reception bored as you think of the things you would rather be doing. So with that being said, think about it for a couple days and let me know if you truely want to attend. no hard feelings”
I have no interest in remaining friends. She is a parasite.
Anyone have suggestions??