(Closed) Can I have a Maid of Honor and a Matron of Honor?

posted 9 years ago in Bridesmaids
  • poll: Can I have a Maid of Honor and a Matron of Honor?
    Yes of course! It's your day! : (148 votes)
    98 %
    No Way! Too Tacky! : (3 votes)
    2 %
  • Post # 17
    5 posts
    Newbee

Of course you can!  It works perfectly!  And, by the way, you can do whatever you want in your wedding.  People are doing super different things these days.  The newest thing I heard of was “Usherettes”!!  Girls being ushers that wear the bridesmaid dress in black!  Do whatever you want. 

Post # 18
    1486 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

I plan on doing just that. I asked my maid of honor this afternoon and she accepted. 🙂 She found nothing unusual that I asked my married friend to be the matron of honor.

I also read on many etiquette sites that it’s totally ok to do this!

Post # 19
    60 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

I’m doing this.  My friend that got married a few years ago and just had a baby is my Matron of Honor (I was a bridesmaid in her wedding) and then my younger sister is my Maid of Honor.

Post # 21
    358 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: February 2014

I’m having a maid of honor and a matron of honor as well!

Post # 22
    260 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

I think it depends on how many bridesmaids you’re having it’s fine. If you’re only having 3, then I might not do it as the one remaining bridesmaid might feel a little hurt. If you’re having 4 or more, I say go for it!

Post # 23
    44 posts
    Newbee

It doesn’t matter. I have seen two maid of honor on my friend’s weddings.

Post # 24
    413 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

Of course you can. My sister was my matron of honor and my closest friend was my maid of honor. I told my then-fiance about it and he was fine with the idea. He had a best man picked out. Then, we went to a friend of mine’s wedding and he had two best men. DH said, Hey! I can do that?? I guess the idea had never occurred to him. He ended up having two best men.

Post # 25
    Hostess
    4996 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: January 2013

I did! 

Post # 27
    322 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

I have 2 sisters, and couldn’t choose between them, I had a maid of honor, and a matron of honor.

Post # 28
    75 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: December 2013

I don’t think its tacky. It’s ur day and they both mean a lot to u so good for it!

Post # 29
    21 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: October 2013

Go for it! My 2 best friends are both married so I am having 2 Matron of Honors. It is your day, do whatever you like!! 🙂

Post # 30
    224 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

Definitely!! I’ve seen this a lot, and I know a few friends who have a sister be one and a friend the other (well, if it works of course :)) But I think this is totally commonplace these days!

Post # 31
    Hostess
    6422 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: October 2012

dude you can have a CAT of Honor for all anyone should care! Your day! Your Bridal PArty!  Though my sister was offended when i thought of Future Sister-In-Law as my Matron. (i didnt do it) there’s feelings to consider, but still, it’s your day!

The topic ‘Can I have a Maid of Honor and a Matron of Honor?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors