Post # 1
I’m trying to gather some ideas for what to put in the Out of Town bags for our Destination Wedding. We have a whole bunch of family and friends traveling to Hawaii and I wanted to put together some goodie bags to welcome them.
So far, I was thinking of including:
- Water bottle
- Beach towel
- Flip flops (From the $1 Old Navy flip flop sale)
- Map of the area w/ directions from the hotel to the restaurant & ceremony
- Cookies from the Honolulu Cookie company
Would you ladies mind sharing some pics of your Out of Town bags? What did you put in them? What else should I put in mine? Thank you!
Post # 3
I wish I had thought to take pics of our Out of Town bags. They were on my maybe list until the week prior to the wedding. I am so happy we did them. Everyone loved them. We included:
- a few water bottles,
- healthy snacks (apples, trail mix, breakfast bars),
- not so healthy snacks (candy, chips, gum, mints, more candy, snack cakes :)), we picked items/brands that were native to the area and couldnt be found other places,
- maps of the area,
- a pamphlet about the area where we were married and where the reception took place (historical area),
- toys/games for those traveling with kids. also, included pamphlets about kids activities/ museums, etc
- a welcome and thank you note
Because ours were more last minute, they really only contained food items. I tried to think about what I always want after a long flight. Usually, I get in late and am hungry, but don’t want stuff from a vending machine or fast food. That’s why we included water, popcorn, apples, granola bars etc.
I love what you are thinking about including. I do think what you are including is enough – your guests will love them! If you wanted to add something – Maybe a mini sunscreen? Or a bucket and shovel for any kids (I’ve seen these for $1 at walmart/target)? Or maybe another snack – macadamia nuts? Mints or gum are always nice too. You could include a lei with each bag, but that might get pricey.
Post # 4
I don’t have any pics, but we used kraft gable boxes w/ a cream label on the outside that said welcome to the “blank” hotel and our names.
we included 2 bottles of water, 2 hershey bars, 1 bag of cheez its, 1 nature bar, gum, and a really cute reusable shopping bag that folds up into a strawberry. we didn’t include things to do or anything like that, as the hotel was on the main drag of a very popular little tourist town.
Post # 5
I basically used this template from Mrs. Elephant.
Post # 6
I wont be including snacks and water and stuff in mine. Since I’m transporting everything to vegas and assembling them there. I will have some candy but thats really it on the edible side. Im going to have playing cards, luggage tags, candles, maps, welcome letter, poker chips, sanitzer and few other little goodies.
Post # 7