(Closed) Can I wear this veil with this dress?

posted 9 years ago in Accessories
  • poll: Can I wear this veil?
    Yes : (16 votes)
    28 %
    No : (42 votes)
    72 %
  • Post # 17
    55 posts
    Worker bee

The dress is very beautiful,but that veil is too much for the dress. I think a double layered veil to the elbow would look fab.

Post # 18
    1275 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

I vote plain edged veil. You look stunning in this dress!

Post # 19
    71 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

I definitely agree that the dress and the veil don’t go together.. I think a plain edged or beaded/blingy veil would complement your dress beautifully.

By The Way that is a beautiful dress 🙂

Post # 20
    811 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

Apparently I am the odd ball because I love that dress with that veil! Sure, there’s nothing wrong with paring a plain cathedral veil with that dress -OF COURSE THERE ISN’T its plain!

BUT its your wedding and you want some lace. I think you pull off the lace veil wonderfully, and I really don’t think it looks bad with your dress. If you love it -> go for it.

What about a compramise with a thinner lace around the edge?

Post # 21
    5103 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: September 2011

I really think with the details in your dress (ruching, crystal belt detail, etc) that a simple veil would look best. You don’t want to detract from the beauty of your dress, which is gorgeous btw.

Maybe a lace edge veil with a pattern that isn’t quite so thick? A softer lace edge veil?

Post # 22
    236 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

OMG your dress is BEAUTIFUL!! I think you should go with a plain edged veil. I think too much detail on the veil will be too much going

Post # 25
    3148 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

Your dress is gorgeous with modern beauty and the veil is sort of vintage in my opinion.  You can totally do a plain cathedral length with it.

Post # 26
    21 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2012

Your dress is gorgeous and you look beautiful in it so I think a simpler veil would work better.  The current veil draws your attention away from the dress. 

Post # 27
    3148 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
    @sarahRN: Nope, I think that’s a great idea! Both of those veils are gorgeous!!!

Post # 28
    161 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

Your dress is amazing!

I was wondering if you ended up getting the “veils of art” veil? It’s gorgeous and I found some on the site that I like. I wanted to order from them, but I haven’t heard anything about that site…

THANKS!

Post # 29
    8418 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2012

I think your dress is beautiful and looks amazing on you. However, the dress has that gorgeous detail and the lace on the veil almost takes away from that. I think a veil with light rhinestone trim would compliment it better.

The topic ‘Can I wear this veil with this dress?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors