(Closed) Can Undergarments Be Sexy & Functional?!

posted 10 years ago in Accessories
Post # 3
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2008

I don’t know of any slimming undergarments that are sexy, but you can always change into something sexy for the wedding night.

I want to make a comment about Spanx in general.

I was going to buy Spanx, but luckily the sales lady at Nordstroms was very helpful, and recommended the Donna Karen brand of body slimmers instead.  She told me that many brides buy spanx, but are dissapointed because they have big seam that runs up the middle (on your stomach), and if you have a dress that is going to show the line, it looks bad.  The fabric for the Donna Karen brand is also really smooth and nicer than the spanx fabric, and the fabric will not run or tear, which apparently spanx can. 

So, I bought the DK brand, I have only worn it under pants so far, and I will say it is pretty comfy as far as slimmers go.  Mine goes up to my bra line, but it does get some wrinkles in it at the top.  Luckily for me, this doesn’t show with my style of wedding dress, but it could be a problem for some people.

It sounds like you and I have similar body types, in that I am slender, but don’t have much waist, and my butt is sort of flat.  The undergarment sort of just smooths things out, doesn’t really give me any more of a waist or butt lifting effects.

Good luck.

Post # 4
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 1969

This is as unsexy as you can get. 

Saran wrap your tummy and then duct tape your waist so it looks teeny.  Don’t use a lot and you can’t breathe but hey you’ll look great in pix.  Then change later on

Post # 5
883 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2009

I am assuming misspoppin was just being sarcastic and hopefully not snarky and attacking like it sounded….

I am right there with ya girl!  I was to be snug and comfy and feeling slim and sexy.  So I’ll be rocking the spankx (or similar) during the wedding, but will be changing before then hubby goes to remove the dress.  But then again, Bridget Jones showed us that the guys wont necessarily care! =)  If you find an option – POST it!  but I’d say be on the look out for a quick change.

The topic ‘Can Undergarments Be Sexy & Functional?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors