(Closed) Can you buy a home for 125K in your area?

posted 7 years ago in Home
Post # 167
4 posts
Wannabee

Yes, you can here. It won’t be the absolute best part of town, but you’re not going to get mugged or anything.

Post # 168
3139 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Nope!!!! I live in Canada and we paid in the low $300,000 for our three bedroom two bath townhouse in 2011. 

Post # 169
1348 posts
Bumble bee

All you can buy here for $125,000 is less than a sq acre of land out in the coastal boondocks. Haha.

ETA: There are about 5 mobile homes for sale between $70,000 and $109,000

There’s a 1bd/2ba house for $265,000 that’s the cheapest though. The first 2bd SFH is $310,000 and it’s out by the stinky river.

So that’s a big no.

Post # 170
1094 posts
Bumble bee

@Purple_Bride:  Hello fellow Montrealer!!

Wow, generally the prices in Canada seem significantly higher than the US…and we get taxed more… what gives?!

Post # 171
1647 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - Rustic mill, historical site

@Petite_Fraise:  

Yea, but I wouldn’t trade that for the alternative, no healtcare, daycare system (even though I’m getting SCREWED  by ours) pension, etc.   

Post # 172
144 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

No way in the world, I live in Perth Palmyra /Fremantle – due to the mining boom one of the most expensive places to live in Australia, $300,000 for a run down two bedroom unit and for a four bedroom house with a decent backyard depending on the quality of the house $600,000 to $1.5 mil 

Post # 173
868 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Nope – I don’t think you can even get a decent 1 bedroom condo for that much around here

Post # 175
430 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@doxielove:  where in Milwaukee?  I live on th southside and anything we can find in that price range is either

very old or needs a lot of fixing up.

to the origianl poster- it is possible in places that are far away from larger cities.  I know some areas around Green Bay, WI and northern WI you can get decent homes in that price.  I live in Milwaukee and you can get some decent condos at that price, but not really a home.

Post # 176
1760 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Our house was 125k last year when we bought it.  Almost nothing we had to do to it… except paint and replace 2 rooms of carpet.  In a nice neighborhood & with elementary school a few blocks away and a middle school a few blocks the other way.  I guess it’s considered a suburb of a bigger city 15 min north of us, and even bigger city a half hour north from our doorstep.  I love the location and wouldn’t move out of this city.

Post # 177
1760 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@mkelove:  I’m in Wisconsin… just south of Appleton and Green Bay 🙂

Post # 178
413 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

My house was $120,000. It is 2 bed 2 bath with a full finished basement and a dry bar. I love it! I can’t believe how expensive housing is where some of you live.

Post # 179
778 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Yep, you can!  That’s why I love living in Upstate, NY (Rochester area).

Post # 180
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Not where I live in PA and they’ll be even more expensive if we decide to move closer to my job.

Post # 181
4028 posts
Honey bee

Ummm…maybe, I think a foreclosure or a 2 bedroom, less than 900 sq ft older home. You can, however, buy a nice, 3 bed/2bath 1200+ sq ft newer home for around $170-$180k where I live. I am just south of Denver, Colorado and it’s a not quite metro/urban, but it’s still a good sized city (~500,000+ people).

The topic ‘Can you buy a home for 125K in your area?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors