Post # 1
I am in crunch mode now. My wedding is next month and I would like to lose 20 lbs by then by eating healthy and exercising. The problem is, I am not too great at cooking. Can you ladies share with me some healthy easy recipes? Thank you!
Post # 3
@Tswife4ever: I have been doing Weight Watchers since June of 2010. After graduating high school in 2008, I gained 48lb. Since starting the program, I have lost 56lb. I feel wonderful now at 122lb. and it was all done through portion control and moderate exercise/activity.
Here is a recipe I have enjoyed on the program:
1 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/8 tsp table salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
4 oz Italian bread, cut into eight 1/2-inch-thick pieces
2 oz whole milk mozzarella cheese, fresh, thinly sliced
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1 medium plum tomato, cut into eight thin slices
4 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
1 garlic clove (peeled and cut in half)
- Preheat outdoor grill (or grill pan or skillet). *I use my George Foreman Grill.
- In a small cup, stir together vinegar, oil, oregano, salt and pepper until blended. Brush mixture onto 1 side of each slice of bread.
- To make each sandwich, layer 1/4 of cheese over brushed side of bread and then top with 2 tomato slices and 1/4 cup of arugula. Top with another slice of bread, brushed side down and then coat sandwiches with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Grill, lightly pressing with a spatula from time to time, until bread is toasted and cheese melts, about 1 to 2 minutes per side; rub grilled bread with garlic clove. *Yields 2 servings.
Post # 4
@Tswife4ever: Try going to http://www.skinnytaste.com
GREAT recipes and easy too! Try the Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili…. omg I DIE!
Post # 5
I also love this recipe!
Chicken Burritos (Slow Cooker Method):
1 garlic clove (minced)
1 small red onion (chopped)
14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes with chiles
15 oz canned kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 pound skinless chicken thighs (cut into bite-size pieces)*I use chicken breasts.
3/4 cup canned chicken broth
12 medium whole wheat tortillas
3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese
- Place garlic, onion, tomatoes, beans, chili powder, salt, oregano and pepper in a 3-quart slow cooker; stir well. Add chicken and broth. Cover and cook on low setting for 5 hours; drain off liquid (there should be about 6 cups of burrito mixture).
- To serve, spoon about 1/2 cup of burrito mixture down center of each tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon of cheese. Fold bottom 1/3 of tortilla to center. Fold left side to center; fold right side to center, covering filling. Repeat with remaining ingredients. *Yields 12 servings