(Closed) Canadian Teacher wanting to obtain US Teaching Licence (specifically Nashville)

posted 6 years ago in Career
Post # 4
174 posts
Blushing bee

@renmich88:  If you dont have a social security number, I assume you are not a US citizen or a permanent resident? If you’re from Canada and with no legal right to working in the US via Citizenship or Permanent Residency, then you would need for an employer to sponsor you for a work visa (and that’s no small feat). That would be pretty much impossible in teaching as so many US citizens and residents teachers are already unemployed and it does cost several thousands of dollars for a US employer to sponsor a foreign citizen, so unless you are in a highly sought after field, US employers are not willing to do it.




However, if your husband gets a work visa via his music career, then he might be able to get you a derivative visa for you to work on. Basically, the question here is not “how easy would it be to get a job as a teacher in Nashville” but more “are you legally able to work in the US”?


I hope that helps Smile 




Also, if your husband is already a US citizen, then you would be able to move with him and work. But if you are both Canadian citizens with no legal right to work in the US, it will be incredibly hard. I hope this is helpful!




The topic ‘Canadian Teacher wanting to obtain US Teaching Licence (specifically Nashville)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors