(Closed) Canceling the wedding & eloping..!

posted 7 years ago in Emotional
Post # 4
6065 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2012

That sounds like a great compromise (have a one year anniversary celebration) and you sound really at peace with your decision.

Good for you for communicating well with your Fiance to make sure you do whats best for yourselves, and as a couple.

Post # 4
6065 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2012

That sounds like a great compromise (have a one year anniversary celebration) and you sound really at peace with your decision.

Good for you for communicating well with your Fiance to make sure you do whats best for yourselves, and as a couple.

Post # 5
166 posts
Blushing bee

I’ve always thought going to Vegas and being married by “Elvis” would be a hoot!  If I weren’t already married, that is what I’d do.  Maybe we could do that as a vow renewal!  lol

Post # 6
404 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

That’s awesome!!! I’ve thought about that myself on particularly stressful days!! LOL I still fantasize about eloping, even as we check things off our list…so I am very happy for you making that bold choice and moving forward!  And that’s EXACTLY what it’s about: a union between two people.  Everything else is just hullabaloo and fluff. 🙂

CONGRATS!!!

Post # 7
5096 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Go you!!!  That is awesome. 

Post # 9
1036 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I think it is wonderful that you are following your heart.  I struggle all the time with the fact that my Fiance and I always wanted a beach wedding, and are now doing a smaller traditional wedding in our hometown (due to our grandparents not being able to fly).  I know it will be a wonderful day, but I have my moments when I want to throw in the towel and hop the next plane to FL. 

Congrats on making the decision, and have a GREAT time!!

Post # 11
274 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

**jealous**

Post # 12
3520 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Wow, what a great idea!  Congratulations and have a GREAT time!

Post # 13
2190 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@finderskeeperss: Wish we would have done this!!! Good for you for knowing that a full blown out wedding isn’t for you–we knew it wasn’t for us but our parents were really pushing it on us even though we are footing the bill.

Post # 14
5110 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2011

Thats amazing!!! Congrats… That sounds like its a much better option for you guys.. how great!!

Post # 15
285 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Good for you! Weddings can cause so much stress and take such a toll on relationships, and it’s so good to hear that you and your Fiance had the courage to walk away and do what is best for you both. Eloping is incredibly romantic, and it sounds like this is what you really want, so I’m sure you’ll always look back on this decision and remember it as the best one you could have made. Congrats on your upcoming marriage! Enjoy beginning your new life together!

The topic ‘Canceling the wedding & eloping..!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors