(Closed) Canceling the wedding & eloping..!

posted 10 years ago in Emotional
Post # 26
850 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

HIGH FIVE!!

I always hear about couples saying they want to do this, and trudge through the planning anyway, but kudos to you for actually doing it!

I hope it goes off with flying colors and you guys have a wonderful elopement!!

Post # 28
5891 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

Good for you! There is a great blog that show beautiful small (only the two of you) weddings. http://www.intimateweddings.com/blog/ 

View original reply
@DJones6005: That’s what we did. Well we had the non-legal wedding first, then went to Vegas for our honeymoon and got legally married by Elvis.

Post # 29
1636 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Congrats for making the best choice for YOU and FI! I wish we had done that, but had too much in deposits etc.

So what is the plan for the eloping?

Post # 32
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2011

i am eloping – 2 weeks today we will be in barbados!!! we had a big posh venue booked (managed to get the deposit back) and i’d bought a big princess dress.  2 weeks ago i bought a bridal magazine, i was gazing at some over-priced tiaras (the one i like was £500 and i felt miserable because my budget was more £30)… and i just snapped.. Our new wedding (which is a total secret between me, my HTB) – it feels like it’s about the two of us becoming husband and wife, rather than a project plan… feels so spontaneous and romantic now! am selling my sassi holford dress for £1000 is anyone wants it 🙂 xx

xxx

Post # 33
757 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

we are less than 4 months from our wedding and we are so fed up with family drama that we have considered calling off the drama and eloping. I HATE everything wedding related now. I used to be so excited. Now I just wait wait to get it over with.

The topic ‘Canceling the wedding & eloping..!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors