(Closed) Canceling the wedding & eloping..!

posted 10 years ago in Emotional
Post # 16
1925 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I kinda want to do this now… I was totally against it at first but with everything that has been going  on, I just want to be married. Fiance used to want to do this, now he is all gung ho about us having a wedding….

Post # 17
3060 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

I wish we would have done the same!

Post # 18
2965 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Good for you!!

Post # 19
1245 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Sounds like a great plan. Congrats and many wishes for happiness!

Post # 20
Hostess
2683 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Congrats! Like you, we decided it wasn’t worth it and all of the HUGE family expectations and everything. We knew that it would end up really far from what was important (our marriage) and make us broke at the same time. So we’re going to NY alone for a little wedding with just us.

I can’t wait to see pictures! Good luck!

Post # 21
1252 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Yay! I’m excited for you both and that sounds like a wonderful plan. Congratulations and enjoy your special day! 🙂

Post # 22
686 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@finderskeeperss: Yay good for you! Everything that you said is so true and I’m glad that you guys found a solution that works for you 🙂

We’ve considered doing the same thing multiple times, but we just can’t seem to give up the wedding now that we’re so close (we just now started making our payments, so there’s no going back now haha).

Post # 23
5879 posts
Bee Keeper

Congrats. Last year we wanted to do exactly what your doing but then I got indecisive and wanted the big wedding. Sometimes I think I need to revisit that idea.

Post # 24
104 posts
Blushing bee

Congratulations!! I am so happy you and your Fiance were able to make the decision that was right for you. If I had to do it all over again, I would also make the decision to elope, because at the end of the day, it’s more important to me to be married, rather than having a big wedding (which the planning for is stressful and time consuming!). But too late now as the wedding is only 2 1/2 months away!

Post # 25
265 posts
Helper bee

YOU GO GIRL!!!! I am so happy for you.  That is awesome!!!  I’ve got elope-envy all over me 🙂

Post # 26
460 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

HIGH FIVE!!

I always hear about couples saying they want to do this, and trudge through the planning anyway, but kudos to you for actually doing it!

I hope it goes off with flying colors and you guys have a wonderful elopement!!

Post # 28
4560 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Good for you! There is a great blog that show beautiful small (only the two of you) weddings. http://www.intimateweddings.com/blog/ 

@DJones6005: That’s what we did. Well we had the non-legal wedding first, then went to Vegas for our honeymoon and got legally married by Elvis.

Post # 29
783 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Congrats for making the best choice for YOU and FI! I wish we had done that, but had too much in deposits etc.

So what is the plan for the eloping?

The topic ‘Canceling the wedding & eloping..!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors