(Closed) Can't decide on carat size!!

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
4713 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 1998


Post # 4
105 posts
Blushing bee

When in doubt go bigger lol

Post # 5
1003 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

Go big or go home! hahah

Post # 6
439 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@ethanashley:  Have you tried on a 1.75? I have a 1.51 carat round diamond and I adore it but I wouldn’t have said no to a 2 carat either ;). If you plan on adding a diamond later you may want to consider the cost of the additional half carat as the diamond price will go up significantly.

Good luck with the decision and the little one ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Post # 7
464 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 1993

I think I would go 1.5 just because if you upgrade later to a real diamond (as you say)  I wouldn’t want you to be disappointed if it didn’t have the same finger coverage as the one you are getting now.  Plus, you might want to save a little now and splurge a little later on something for that new baby!  It isn’t very glamorous but I am the more conservative one, financially, in my family. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 8
2078 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@ethanashley:  I normally would say ‘bigger is better’ but in this case I have to agree with bnamrs4evr.  I wouldn’t like my finger coverage to go down, even if it was to get a real diamond.   

Post # 9
764 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014


Post # 10
11422 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

Like prior posters, I would recommend that you choose a carat size now that you believe you would be able to afford and willing to purchase if and when you opt to replace the replica stone.

Post # 11
4436 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@ethanashley:  I think a 2 would be nice!

The topic ‘Can't decide on carat size!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors