- 8 years ago
- Wedding: August 2014 - Traverse City
I’ve made it my goal to book my photographer by the end of this month… but I can’t decide!! One of the things that’s made my photographer hunt difficult is that I found out very early that I apparently have expensive taste (go figure, I just have to love the artistic photojournalism style). I’ve managed to find 2 photographers within my budget with this style (one more so than the other). Can you help me decide?
1) Siri Unforgettable Images http://www.unforgettableimages.biz
1 photographer $1800
Includes: 9 hours, prints, disk of all photos
2nd photographer is an extra $500 which would equal $2300
2) Kimberly K Photography http://www.kimberly-k-photography.com
2 Photographers $2000
Includes: 8 hours, prints, disk of all photos, complimentary engagement session
Current promo: “mock photobooth” (photo backdrop w/props)
Two things: we’ve already had e-pics taken, had them done during the summer, but if another session is free and we can get to know our photographer, why not take advantage of it, right? And I would just love some fall pics, as it’s my favorite season 🙂
Also, I REALLY want a photobooth. I know Kim offers a mock photobooth, but that doesn’t include printout of the strips and a memory book, which is important to me.
Soooo… now that I’ve laid out the details, here are my options (checkout poll above):
1) Siri – 1 photographer, no e-pics, w/ separate photobooth rental = $2200
2) Siri – 2 photographers, no e-pics, w/ separate photobooth rental = $2700
3) Kim – 2 photographers, e-pics, “mock photobooth” (no scrapbook) = $2000
4) Kim – 2 photographers, e-pics, w/ separate photobooth rental = $2400
Our total photography budget will allow for up to $3000 (including photobooth), but preferably closer to $2500. I basically am just having a difficult time choosing where I’m going to get the most bang for my buck. I love Siri’s portfolio a little more, but one of my friends just got married and used Kim and her photos are gorgeous as well (better than the portfolio on her website, IMO). The additional e-session is enticing, although not necessarily needed.
ETA: Another possibility….
5) Summerfrost http://summerfrost.wix.com/summerfrostphotography
All day coverage, e-session, disk
(need to contact about whether it includes 1 or 2 photographers)
$2255 + photobooth rental = $2655
6) Becker Photographic www.beckerphotographic.com
2 photographers, 10 hours, prints, disk, e-session
$2000 + photobooth = $2400