Post # 1
Hello fellow bees!
I really need a little help on this one. I always knew I probably wouldn’t be one of those brides that had the “Say Yes to the Dress” moment where I cried and knew that a dress was “my dress”, but I had no idea I’d have so much trouble making a decision! I think the problem is that I always had an idea in my head of what “the dress” would look like, but then, after trying it on, I found it wasn’t necessarily the best look for me.
After trying on literally about 40 dresses, I still haven’t had that “this is my dress” moment, but with only 6 months till the wedding, I pretty much have to decide this week! So, I turn to you, my bees– what do you think? I’ve narrowed it down to the final five, which I will show here without any prejudice.
The only caveat is that the pictures aren’t necessarily of the same quality, since some of them were, um, taken rather “covertly”! So in some, it’s pretty obvious that it’s a nice, non-blurry, composed picture where I’ve been pinned and zipped up…and in others, it’s very obvious that I snuck a picture in the dressing room while holding up the non-zipped or pinned dress as best I can with one hand. 🙂 (I’m sure some of you other brides can relate.)
So here are the final five! Please let me know your honest thoughts.
1. Watters ‘Devenport’ (organza and alencon lace)
2. Wtoo ‘Ava’ (organza and alencon lace)
3. Luna Novias ‘Igaro’ (organza and ribbon applique)
4. Pronovias ‘Alcanar’ (tulle and alencon lace)
5. Pronovias ‘Menorca’ (English net and alencon lace, modified neckline temporary pinned down to make it strapless)
Post # 3
First choice #1, second choice number 4!
Post # 5
The first one, by a mile!
Post # 6
I like 4 the best definately. 1 is very similar but the fabric doesn’t fall quite as nice. The others are less flattering (but not UNflattering) 5 is probably my 3rd choice then 2 then 3. I also like the lace distribution on 4 more, it’s a really lovely dress on you.
Post # 10
I think number 4 looks the best on you, followed by number 5.
Post # 12
Thanks so much for all of your comments! (and votes!)
It’s been such a tough decision, and it’s even harder when they don’t let you take proper pictures! After a while, they all start to blend together, and you can’t remember what they looked like when they were fitted right. 🙂
I showed this post to my friend, and she said the picture I put up of the Menorca (#5) was too far away to see the detail, so here’s a more close-up version. Because of the quick nature of the picture, I didn’t have time to move my hands out of the way of the neckline, but if I were to get it, I’d alter the lace neckline to be a strapless, lace-scalloped light scoop. Again, sorry for the terrible picture- but I had to sneak it!
As of right now, the poll has a tie, which makes it just as hard. 😛
I wish this were as easy as picking the guy!
Post # 13
I LOVE #1 and #4 on you. Cant go wrong with either of those!!!! Beautiful dresses btw ( ALL of them!)
Post # 14
#4 All the way, Cant believe how beautiful it is!
Post # 15
3 and 4 are my favorites.
1. very pretty and probably my third choice, but it’s very similar to #4 and I like the neckline/belt/waist better on #4
2. I’m not fond of the straight neckline on this one, it’s nice but just not as fantastic.
3. I actually really like the bodice on this one. It’s very flattering despite being straight across. Very sleek and elegant but still has the romantic lace.
4. Love the volume in the skirt and the detail of the lace. Looks old world and modern at the same time. Love it!
5. The lace is lovely, but I don’t like how lifeless the skirt is, maybe with a crinoline? Not fond of the neckline.
Voted for 4