(Closed) Can't find an officiant for less than $600! HELP!

posted 5 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
780 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

Wow, that is a bit high in cost!  Don’t know much about that area.  I think a mayor can be an officiant and they are nowhere near the cost of $500 or so, at least in NJ they aren’t.  See, my Fiance and I are doing city hall, so that’s where I’d guide you.  The honeymoon, house, wedding rings are just a few areas where that money would be better put to use, in my opinion.  Good luck, whatever you find/choose.  All the best.

Post # 4
8696 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

My officiant, Mitch Maged, is only $450. He is located in northern NJ. Google him and see if he would be willing to travel to Nassau County. I have family in Old Westbury so I don’t consider that far.

Post # 5
180 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

You might also look into a notary public. Most states and counties allow this. My Fiance became a notary public to do his SIL’s wedding and we’re asking a friend who already is a notary to do ours. Plus, it’s a great way to incorporate a close family friend.

Post # 6
4325 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Look for a judge – we had a judge do ours and he wasn’t allowed to charge ANYTHING by law. We got married in PA, where online officiants also aren’t acceptable. Judges may be able to charge in your state, but I bet it would be less than $600!

Post # 7
4952 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

What about a judge? A Justice of the Peace shouldn’t cost that much. Ours was $150, and she donated the money to charity (added bonus that we loved).

Post # 8
97 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I charge less than $600, 

PM me.

The topic ‘Can't find an officiant for less than $600! HELP!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors