Post # 1
Some people think New Years resolutions are stupid. Normally, I don’t make any, but I have some silly ones this year, along with some serious ones-
- Get enough of my reccomended daily calcium 😉
- Put at least $300 into my savings account each month
- Pay off most of my credit card debt
- Work out 3 times a week
- Read at least 2 books a month
- Volunteer more in my community
- Take a vacation with my SO
- Get a promotion at work
Anyone have resolutions they want to share?!
Post # 3
I didn’t make a new years resolution, since I never do, but I suppose I want to do better with school and get a job, and try to exercise and eat healthy. Does that count? I say that to myself every semester but it never really gets done. 🙁
Post # 4
@Orion: you can do it! making goals and taking baby steps always helps you to achieve goals.
Post # 5
I want to be the best mom I can be. Its not unachievable and it’s something I can remind myself throughout the year. I have a two year old so we definitely have days where we butt heads, but I want to remind myself how much I hated being little, so I’m working on just making sure she’s treated like a person with feelings at all times!
Post # 6
@MammaPants: thats a really great goal! i don’t have children, but i know how important parenting is and how much it shapes the child into the adult they will eventually be.
Post # 7
1. No more Flamin Hot Cheetos.
2. Read 40 books this year (almost finished with 3).
3. No MSG for January (veryyyy challenging).
4. Put $20 in a piggy bank every Friday. I did this last year and saved so much money that I was able to get a new (used) car. Best of all, it was $20 I would have otherwise spent!
Post # 8
This may be the hardest resolution ever! haha!
Post # 9
1. Loose the 10 lbs I gained since I got married. Damn wedding ring is so heavy!!
2. Have more sex with Darling Husband
3. Be naked more often. Especially around Darling Husband. LOL.
4. Stop paying for other people’s meals/drinks/nights out with me or Darling Husband. Its a bad habit and I need to stop being so stupidly overly generous.
5. Drink less BEER.
Post # 10
@highschoolhoneys: Kudos on #3 and #5!
I have the following “goals” (hate saying resolutions):
1) Be CC debt free by April aka my 31st birthday.
2) Get a new job opportunity/move for said opportunity
3) Focus on my health more
4) Reduce drinking booze – trying to get to drinking only on weekends and then only on special occasions
5) Work out consistently
6) STOP shopping for crap I don’t need! I am on day #5 of not shopping – yay! It’s a start.
Post # 11
@Meglin: “Put $20 in a piggy bank every Friday.”
THIS is a really cool idea!! I have to try this, maybe I can save enough for a great vacay or something with DH!
…adding to list. 🙂
Post # 12
– Buy a car
– Get a better job (AKA one I enjoy)
– Lose 30 pounds
– Get pregnant
Post # 13
I totally need to get more calcium as well 😀
Actually one of my goals is to spend less time on here and Facebook lol… we’ll see how successful I am!!
I try to set goals throghout the year… not just at the beginning.
Post # 14
@Meglin: hah at the cheetos!!
@PeachSnapple: i love how honest your goals are. most of those should be pretty easy to obtain. i should add the “more sex” to my list lol.
@MrsNewDay: i love the idea of not shopping. i need to work on that as well.
Post # 15
My resolution is just to not kill anyone during the wedding planning. I think that will make 2014 a success.
Post # 16
– Take more pictures
– Make photo books out of said photos (at least yearly books)
– Decide on a new place to move to a settle for at least a few years, hopefully as far east as I can get in Canada!