(Closed) Casablanca 1827? Need help deciding!

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
860 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I really like the 1827 (including the raw edge), but it sounds like there is a lot you want to change about it.  You have time, if you aren’t in love with it, don’t buy it. 

It might cost a lot of money to have the designer finish off the lace edge.  Also, I don’t know if I would do a lace bolero with a lace dress… esepcially if it is not an exact match.  I think it could be too much. 

Post # 5
178 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@Emarie30:  I almost picked this dress.  One thing I didn’t love about it was the unfinished edge of lace at the bottom – however I was told that for an extra cost, it could be finished – not sure what it would look like.

Also – Casablanca is very customizable.  I have even seen pics of the 1827 that was customized by Casablanca into a v-neck with straps – do a google search for the 1827 in the images section and you should find it.

I have also heard that Casablanca can do a higher back (versus the low V-back).

Talk to the bridal salon about these possibilities.  The nice thing about Casablanca is they tend to be very willing to customize (for a cost of course).

Post # 6
414 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

i am wearing ivory 1827!  it’s called ivory but it looks white.  if you compare it next to white-white then you can tell it’s not bright-white, so if you are looking for something ‘ivory'(yellow), then you should get “champaign” as in the picture on their website

1.  i want/plan to wear petticoat underneathe since i like poufier dresses

2.  i was told that dress was an initation of a $5000 another-designer dress and casablanca copied it, which becomes a great deal sincce we’re not paying $5000

3. It’s very classic looking, that dress will look timeless in pictures – as much as i love modern or dresses with flowers/ruffles, i think that dress is a better choice.  most girls look great in it so i assume you will too, esp if your parents think so, they wont lie to you and allow you to look ugly on your big day =)

just out of curiosity, how much is trunk sale price for that dress?  i got mine for $950, and no customization.  i have seen people paying more than that

Post # 7
4547 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

This is my dress and I adore it! I just had it hemmed a little bit an it looks amazing!

Post # 9
191 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I tried on this dress and the unfinished lace edge is what turned me off also. It is a beautiful dress though.  If you dont want white and the alterations you would want cant happen, I wouldnt settle. There is more than one thing that turns you off about htis dress so I would keep looking.  I LOVED the V back.

Post # 10
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@Emarie30:

I am wearing the Casablanca 1827 in ivory for my wedding in June. I, like you, didn’t like the unfinished edge, plus it’s a little short for me with the shoes I want to wear. So I took my dress to a reputable bridal alterations store and asked them what they would do about hemming the edge with a lace trim to both make it longer and finish the edges. (I bought my dress at the brides against breast cancer sale in my area, for $600, with the proceeds benefiting the Susan G Komen foundation) so not only is it unfinshed, it is also a little torn in some places. The good news is the seamstress said I could bring in any trim I would like and they could finish the hem for me. I have since been taking my dress to every fabric/craft store to find the perfect match, I like this option because I have control over what the bottom of my dress will look like (I am also picky, and want it to be perfect) and I have found a lace trim that is ivory and has a very similar design. I needed 8 yards of trim in total and spent $50. I hope this helps. Good luck!

Post # 11
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@KatMart: Do you have a picture of the new dress with the new lace?

Thanks~~~

Post # 12
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@FinallyGettingMarried:  I have similar questions about the dress, does anyone have a pic with petticoat underneath?

Which dress did you end up with?

The topic ‘Casablanca 1827? Need help deciding!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors