(Closed) Casablanca 1827

posted 13 years ago in Dress
Post # 17
4 posts
Wannabee

This is for the girls asking about more pics…I hope this helps and sorry it took so long….just an idea for the hair…I had my dress hemmed and I kept the lace that was taken off the bottom and cut the flowers out of it and used them in my hair. It worked out great, I love how they looked..simple and elegant and they matched and didnt cost me any more money…Im not the veil type of person so I loved it, and I also inspiration for my cake form the dress as well. I had her do the flower lace design on every other layer of cake and use the silver decorators in the middle of the flowers to match the sequins. I found the metal pendants at walmart and used those for what I thought looked antique and used a bigger one in the middle of our initials…I liked it all. Ohh and I love my nephew in the right corner of the bouquet toss, adorable!

Post # 19
69 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

I wore this dress this past august 2009 and LOOOOVED this dress! It was lightweight and comfortable and just had that little extra something.

i didn’t have to pull it up once (may be due to being measured perfectly & a fab seamstress).

I also didn’t wear a veil – I wore a white feather clip which you can see in one pic. And just wore diamone & pearl earrings, no necklace. No bracelet either because I was afraid it would catch on the lace and tear it.

let me know if you have any other questions!

A

[attachment=670183,87371] [attachment=670183,87376]

Post # 20
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2010

If you don’t mind me asking, what did you wear UNDER your Casablanca 1827? I have my first fitting in a few weeks! I’m thinking a bustier?

Post # 21
239 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

i bought the same dress too for my wedding!  it will not come until this summer…

i am thinking of adding petticoat so my skirt portion will look fuller.

anyone put petticoat under their dress, can you post a picture?  thank you!

Post # 22
69 posts
Worker bee

hey missbelle710 — i had cups sewn into my dress, it worked out great, although, i’m only a small B, so I don’t need much support.

Post # 23
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I just wore this dress to my wedding – with a few modifications… I attached the spaghetti straps (which I highly recommend!!) and added a belt. Pics are below. I received so many compliments on this dress 🙂

[attachment=1156125,146124] [attachment=1156125,146125] [attachment=1156125,146126] [attachment=1156125,146127]

Post # 24
239 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

nice pictures cholele, good idea on the straps, sometimes i feel i have to pull up my dress too!

does anyone have any experience wearing a petticoat underneath to make it pouffier looking?  if so do you have any pictures to share?

Post # 25
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@girlie9teen:

Is your dress ivory or white?  I am having trouble deciding.

Thanks!

Jenn 

Post # 26
3 posts
Wannabee

@ADMBoston:

Is your dress ivory or white?  I having trouble deciding.

Thanks!

Jenn

Post # 27
4 posts
Wannabee

@jenn32: It’s ivory, our wedding was outdoors and with the sun I think it would have been too bright. And I think it went better with my skin tone..not too much of a harsh contrast.

Post # 28
3 posts
Wannabee

@girlie9teen:  Thanks so… much! 

In your pictures it really looks white, which I like.  There are some ivory’s that are more yellowish but the ivory in this dress is more whitish.  I did not want white though because I also thought it would be too harsh with my skin tone.  

I ordered the ivory last week and now I know I made the right choice. 🙂

Thanks again!

Jenn

Post # 29
69 posts
Worker bee

@jenn32: sorry – just saw this – it was ivory!

Post # 30
38 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Post # 31
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Here’s me in my Casablanca 1827 this past April.  I loved absolutly everything about my dress and how I felt in it.  

The topic ‘Casablanca 1827’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors