(Closed) Casablanca 1831

posted 10 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
49 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2009

Hi!  I have a Casablanca dress also!

Be sure to go to one of their authorized bridal shops – they can help you order the dress with any changes to the style.  Maybe go and ask them if you can get it without a train?  I didn’t ask for any changes to my dress style, but I know they custom make dresses to your measurements and specifications.  

The style looks like it’d be really easy to make a simple a-line without a train.   Good luck!  It’s a beautiful dress!

Post # 4
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I can’t be much help on this particular question but I just wanted to say that 1831 is my dress!! I love it so much! You could always just wear it bustled the whole day.

Post # 6
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2009

I love that dress!  It is gorgeous!  I agree with emmyleeee.  Go to one of the authorized casablanca bridal shops if you can, becuase they will probably be able to order it with out the train (or at least with a shorter one!).  If not, I think that the material lends itself really well to hemming, so a good seamstress (ie one that specializes in wedding dresses!) should be able to hem the train off, as well as to let the sides out a bit around your hips to make the shape more A-line.  Make sure that there is some extra material on the inseams so they have a bit to work with! 

Also, you might want to look a bit more for dresses.  It took me a few shopping trips to find a dress with all the things i wanted, (just like you, I was in the market for a short/non-existant train).  There were several where I liked the top, but not the bottom, and vice versa.  At the very least, if you don’t find anything you like better, you can feel really confidant that you have found your dress!  

Post # 7
438 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2008

I had this done.  I wanted the shape of one dress but everything else of another.  I had no idea they could do this, but I was sitting their saying how much I loved the color, beading, embroidery everything of this one dress, but it wasn’t the shape I wanted.  And my wonderful saleswoman was like, well, casablanca can customize it!  Yay!  So, basically what I got out of it was that they work with patterns.  So all they did was take the pattern for the shape I liked (which was the top of one) and combine it with the other.  So, you just have to find another casablanca gown, a-line like you want, and have them use that pattern for the bottom.  If you only want the train gone, they can most likely just do that as well.  I am not sure how the stores feel about this though, so you may have to look around for someone willing.  I had been to 3 other casablanca retailers before this one, and none of them had mentioned it to me.

The topic ‘Casablanca 1831’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors