Casablanca 1900 brides????

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
12 posts
Newbee

I am also wearing Casablanca 1900 for my wedding this September! I ordered it in early December and had it altered to a sweetheart neckline and V back with tapered straps. It is supposed to arrive at the boutique in about two weeks and I am so excited to get it!

So, no pics yet, but when I get to see it in a few weeks I can post again. There’s a couple of other good casablanca threads around here…they’re a few years old but if you search for casablanca 1900 weddingbee on google you’ll find them. πŸ™‚

Post # 5
12 posts
Newbee

Ooh that one’s gorgeous! I don’t think I ever saw it… You do look really pretty in it, but I see what you mean about the eye tending to focus on the detail at the bottom. I guess because the top is a bit simpler? That doesn’t happen with the 1900, but the top on that one is far more ornate.

I picked the champagne/ivory two-tone. I like dresses with a bit of color anyway, but that one really complemented my skin tone. Our wedding is taking place in the mountains on an old farm property that now serves as a wedding venue. The wedding is going to be completely outdoors (ceremony by the river) and we wanted the beautiful environment to really serve as the decor and determine the rest of our plans. Bridesmaids are wearing dresses in cream or soft gold hues and groomsmen will wear dark blue/navy suits. Our flowers and other decor will complement the gold/blue/green/cream/browns of the mountains at that time of year. Simple but we’re happy with it. πŸ™‚

My dress will arrive in less than 2 weeks so i’ll get some photos up once I get to try it on. Can’t wait!

Post # 8
12 posts
Newbee

Here it is! I got to try on my dress last week and I am SO happy with how it turned out. Enjoy the photos!

Post # 10
12 posts
Newbee

I hope that you hear back from them soon! Since their timeline is so long, I bet you can catch it. I love seeing alterations made to this dress! The “threads” are so beautiful that you can really take it a lot of different directions!

Would love to see your finished product when you get it back! Hope that you don’t have to wait too long…I know, it’s agonizing!

Post # 13
12 posts
Newbee

@langloiswedding2013 hooray! that’s good news. re: the bustle, i’m not totally certain that i’m going to do one yet, but the ladies that helped me order the dress at the boutique i went to suggested that a french bustle would look nice with the dress and be less complicated. i had actually considered cutting the train off the dress altogether, but they suggested the french bustle as a cheaper way to keep it out of the way and looking nice.

Post # 15
345 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013 - Lake Anna Winery

@dewstar123:  GORGEOUS on you!!

Post # 16
12 posts
Newbee

@langloiswedding2013 i’m not sure yet! i’m thinking something simple like a string of pearls or a gold pendant necklace. don’t know if i will wear earrings or not. my hair is going to be half up, half down so my ears won’t be as prominent. πŸ™‚ what are you thinking?

@leahlou thank you! πŸ™‚

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors