(Closed) Casablanca 1914

posted 12 years ago in Dress
Post # 17
55 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@plantains: Yeah I did! Haha funny thing was that the dress is so heavy it weighed down on the FULL ball gown slip (the largest one they had).

I want to eliminate the trumpet look and have a more a line look. I dont want to go ball gown poofy, medium at the most (I’m very tiny).

Post # 18
55 posts
Worker bee

@Loribeth:What are you thinking about revamping it to?

Post # 19
55 posts
Worker bee

@glammy:Thats pretty. I’m kind of undecided about the veil

I either want an elbow length veil with lace trim

or

the one pictured

[attachment=1239379,157634] [attachment=1239379,157635]

Post # 20
3138 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2010 - Savannah, GA

@sunshine82:  I don’t really know. I’ll have to see what I think when I have my second and hopefully final fitting on the 21st. It will kind of depend on what is under the dress and how it lays after it’s been shortened. It might be okay once it’s not poofing out from being too long.

Post # 21
56 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

@Loribeth – Looking forward to seeing your pics! ๐Ÿ™‚

@sunshine82- That’s a nice veil! We’re totally on the same page! I want either it either lace trimmed or beaded. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m for thinner lace on the edge, something that’s just an inch thick or thinner.

Post # 22
55 posts
Worker bee

@glammy:Thanks!! Hmm I TOTALLY agree! But the reason why I choose the rhinestone edge veil too is because I’m scared the lace one will be too much lace. But then again, the dress has a lot of bling and maybe the rhinestone veil will add even more?

Uhhhh decisions decisions…

Do you have a pic of your veil?

Post # 23
55 posts
Worker bee

Btw girls, not being noisy or anything, how much did you guys pay for your dress? Preowneddress says the dress is over $1,000.

Post # 24
3138 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2010 - Savannah, GA

@sunshine82: I bought mine as a sample dress, so I got 50% off the retail price. Retail price was $1,054. I paid $527+tax.

Post # 25
56 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

^^ not the best pic, but here’s the veil. I’m still wondering if it should be edged in  lace or rhinestone.

1914 retailed for $1000 at the bridal salon I went to.

[attachment=1244965,158354]

Post # 26
204 posts
Helper bee

This is my dress as of today!!!!!  I’m wearing a cathedral veil…I tried one on with lace edging and thought it was too much with the dress.  Beaded edging seemed to compliment it more!

Post # 27
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2011

this was the first dress i tried on and it’s the dress that i am going to wear on my wedding day!  it’s absolutely gorgeous.  you bees have great taste ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 28
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2011

im wearing this dress! april 23rd 2011. i have a question though, how much did you ladies pay?

im a little upset because i tried searching for this dress before i bought it but i couldnt find it until now which is 3 months before the wedding. i bought it for 2300 flat including tayloring, veil and accessory rental.

I think i might have over paid!!! ughhhh i mean, its done with and i absolutely love the dress but i cant help but to be kind of upset

Post # 29
30 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@moonjoon: Hey, I haven’t bought the dress yet but the bridal consultant told me just the dress would cost $900.

Post # 29
30 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012
Post # 30
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2003

Here is my custom casablanca 1914..smaller dip in front, halter (didnt actually end up wearing the halter) and more lace on the tummy. I wouldnt reccommend it for gals with a long torso, I was a bit bummed how low is fel on my torso ๐Ÿ™

The topic ‘Casablanca 1914’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors