(Closed) Casablanca 1936

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
6124 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

@Day_In_The_Life:  Try a image google search for “Casablanca 1936” – I see lots of real brides’ photos online.

I had a Casablanca too, the stock photos of the gown were awful as well!

Post # 5
101 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I have Casablanca 1936 for my wedding in October. I am positive it will turn out great in pictures. The ones I toll in the bridal shop sparkled amazingly! I just think their website photos are horrible!!

Post # 6
129 posts
Blushing bee

I totally understand.  I love my Casablanca 1936, but NONE of the pictures of it online do it justice which is why I keep second-guessing my decision.  The sparkle and embellishment is totally lost in any pics online.  It was the first dress I tried on and I decided that it was “the one” on the same day – pretty darn quick, so I didn’t think/realize any of this until afterwards. Not getting married for a few months, but I’m crossing my fingers that pictures show how beautiful the dress truly is…  I guess it’s a good thing I’m planning on being pretty “blinged out” with my jewelery and hair piece too.  Have you tied the knot yet?  If not, good luck!  If so, how did it photograph?

Post # 7
129 posts
Blushing bee

@creativeone710:  We’re getting married the same day in the same dress! Wink

Post # 9
129 posts
Blushing bee

@Day_In_The_Life:  Sounds gorgeous!  Good luck!  If you get around to it after your wedding, I’d love to see a pic! 🙂  Best of luck to you!

Post # 10
1 posts
Wannabee

Hi, ladies. I am also wearing Casablanca 1936 on Oct. 26, 2013!  If you don’t mind me asking, what type of undergarments did you select to wear with the dress? It has enough structure in the bodice, I was thinking a full bustier may be too much corsette, but I woudn’t mind a tummy shaper since the waist is a little high. Also wondering if you think a fit-and-flare slip or even an A-line slip would fit underneath and give the dress a little more shape? I haven’t tried on the dress in many months and I can’t remember how much “poof” it already has. Thanks!

Post # 12
129 posts
Blushing bee

@Isadora:  I’m having the alterations dept sew in cups – I can get away with it because I’m a 34A and comfort is non-negotiable for me, even on my wedding day… don’t want to deal with a fickle strapless either!  Right now I’m planning on finding no pantyline undies and trying to get my lower abs a little more toned… Spanx don’t suck in any gut I have enough for me to deal with the discomfort I feel they create.  Let us know what you decided!

The topic ‘Casablanca 1936’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors