(Closed) Casablanca 1975 Brides! Modifications and Alterations…

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
191 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I was a Casablanca 1975 bride and I have no idea what that consultant is talking about!  I felt so beautiful at my wedding and all my guests said how they haven’t seen a dress style similar.  Here are my pro pics because I know it’s always good to see real people in the dress…

http://perfectday.smugmug.com/Weddings/2011-Weddings/Andrea-and-Gerard-wedding/18613239_DZmGv3#!i=1438267850&k=tZZxfBD

I am also small on top so in alterations they sewed in cups.  This gave me some good shape and I didn’t even have to wear a bra!  I am also tall but I ordered my dress from a shop so they took my height measurements.  I didn’t have any hemming to do.  I took in the sides a little bit to make it fit perfectly to my body.  She also sewed closed the hem on the inside.  There was a lip catching on my shoe.  The last alteration I had was she put some satin inside the straps.  This made them very comfy for all the dancing later at night!

Post # 5
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2013

Hi, I’m having the same concerns with the size too. My waist is supposedly less than a 2. I have a tiny bust and hips but apparently my waist should be a size 10! I’m really worried that the the bust area would be too much and the sweetheart shape would be lost. Please can anyone advise?

Post # 6
1528 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@ASDF:  does casablanca do their alterations exactly? like custom made to fit your hip, waist, bust size perfectly?

Post # 8
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2013

Hi there, I ordered mine custom fit to my measurements so I suggest you ask for the store to check with Casablanca.

Post # 9
434 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

@bump:  I ordered mine with custom alterations and everything came fit to my exact measurements. Casablanca is very good about customizations. It might be different if a person isn’t making any modifications, but I ordered mine with a lot and everything, including hem, was to my exact measurements.

Post # 10
105 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Sry I can’t help you on any of your questions…but that dress is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I am also a BIG lace fan & that dress is perfect! I really think removing the straps & making a sweetheart neckline would look so good! I would say take it somewhere & explain it to them & see if they can do the alterations! Hopefully they can b/c it would look so pretty! Nice job on choosing a pretty dress! πŸ™‚

Post # 11
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I am so excited to have found this blog with all these great pics of other Casabalanca brides! I was starting to worry about my choice, but seeing everyone in their dresses has made me SO excited again!  I have similar sizing concerns though.  I am a size 2/4, but 5’7″.  They ordered me a 10, which was the size they had in the store.  It wasn’t huge on me, but had to be clipped when i tried it on.  Do you think that the alterations will ruin the gorgeous back?  Everyone says no, that these dresses run so much smaller than in real life, so a 10 isn’t that big of a deal, but of course I worry. 

Post # 12
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Hello All!

I just got married in a Casablanca 1975 gown.  I can honestly say that this dress was PERFECT.

I had the straps altered by casablanca themselves to give the dress more of a vintage feel.  I am selling the dress (size 6), which has been very minimally altered (just hemmed and straps shortened). Contact me for more info.

Below is our video done by the very talented Matt Wisniewski and the pictures are done by Redwave pictures in Madison, WI.

WATCH OUR VIDEO HERE!  It really shows you how the dress moves and what it looks like outside of a salon.

Post # 13
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 2013

@autumn865:  Hi, how did you adjust your casablanca 1975 dress to pin up the train in the back?

Post # 13
2 posts
Wannabee

Hi all! I wore the Casablanca 1975 in my March 2014 wedding and I had the straps removed for a strapless look.  I added an English bustle through a local alterations shop.

I am a solid size 2 and the bridal salon ordered a 6 for me – it was DEFINITELY too big and I had to have it taken in quite a bit.  It was adjusted from the sides and did not affect the beautiful back, although removing the straps forced me to trip down some of the scalloping πŸ™‚

Post # 14
5 posts
Newbee

I just wore the Casablanca 1975 at my wedding last month. When I ordered it, the bridal store I ordered it through took all of my measurements, including “hollow to hem,” and it arrived fitting practically perfectly (they had to take it in a LITTLE bit, but barely, and it didn’t have to be hemmed at all, because…my height hadn’t changed). I ordered it from Casablanca with “the straps from Dress 2155,” but that was the only modification that I made — I didn’t get cups sewn in and didn’t change anything else about the dress other than asking Casablanca to switch out the straps. (Oh, well, I did have the seamstress at the bridal store add in a bustle — gotta be able to dance!) This is what it looked like, front and back. I loved it!!!

The topic ‘Casablanca 1975 Brides! Modifications and Alterations…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors