(Closed) Casablanca 1975. Go with strap or strapless?!?! Please help!

posted 6 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Strap or strapless??

Strap

strapless

• Post # 2
    1517 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

I like it either way, but strapless really shows off your shoulders!

Post # 3
    105 posts
    Blushing bee

This was my runner-up dress and if I had gotten it, I would have gotten it strapess. That particlar strap on the dress didn’t seem fitting of a wedding gown to me; it reminded me more of a nightgown/slip strap, than one that would be on a bridal gown. Just my 2 cents 🙂 

Post # 4
    192 posts
    Blushing bee

That is my dress as well… I went strapless.  I felt more bridal in the strapless at my seamstress fitting.  

However, I wished I kept the straps.  The dress was a perfect fit at my final alteration appointment but however, 3 weeks later at the wedding, my dress was gaping in the front more than my liking in some movements so I had to toss out some of the photos where it looked funny.  I was bummed because those photos were darn gorgeous except for that darn gapping sticking out at the bust.  I feel the straps would have hold everything in place since its a somewhat low cut.

I plan to do a recap and a post follow-up on my alterations soon.  I am just waiting for more photos to come first.

Post # 5
    1110 posts
    Bumble bee

I think the straps are a nice detail. 

Post # 7
    199 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: April 2015 - Miami, Fl

This is my dress!!! I altered the strap to be thicker! 

Post # 8
    2287 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

I prefer the straps. The v-neckline makes you look slimmer and taller. Plus, the straps are very thin so you can still show off your shoulders.

Post # 9
    366 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2016

I’m not a fan of the thin straps. I think strapless looks much better, and classier. I do like the thicker straps on  

View original reply
    Pepper15:  ‘s dress. Those seem more suited for the style of the dress, the thin ones look out of place. 

Post # 10
    638 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2015 - Carmen\'s Lakeview

View original reply
    jamie_lin:  I love the straps personally.

Can’t go wrong either way really!

Post # 11
    892 posts
    Busy bee

Strapless looks younger to me. 

Post # 12
    1099 posts
    Bumble bee

Without the straps accentuates your figure more. I would do strapless.

Post # 14
    6 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: October 2015

Strapless has been very trendy for quite a while, but straps of some sort seem to be more and more trendy. This dress looks amazing and on you both ways, but I think the straps do somewhat soften and narrow your shoulders and they balance out the whole look.

Either way, great choice. You will look beautiful!   

Post # 15
    3 posts
    Wannabee
    • Wedding: August 2015

View original reply
    jamie_lin: what about straps for the ceremony and strapless for the reception?  It looks beautiful both ways! 

The topic ‘Casablanca 1975. Go with strap or strapless?!?! Please help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors