40 %
    Kirstie Kelly : (74 votes)
    60 %
  • Post # 3
    Hostess
    23620 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2011

@suhseal: I feel strongly for the Casablanca! Somehow the neckline of the kirstie kelly seems to be a little….droopy? I also think that the Casablanca does AMAZING things for your waistline that the Kirstie Kelly dress won’t offer you.  At the end of the day, though, it’s about what will make you the most happy!

Post # 4
    2947 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

Toughie…they’re both beautiful, but the Casablanca just seems extra special. But the second gown is beautiful too! If you’re leaning toward the Kirstie Kelly, go for it πŸ™‚

Post # 6
    Hostess
    23620 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2011

@suhseal: Sure! For what it’s worth, I also agree that the lace overlay patterns in the kirstie kelly are gorgeous (moreso than the casablanca). πŸ™‚

Post # 8
    2947 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

@suhseal: I don’t think I’ve ever seen a gown be too glam for a tropical wedding πŸ™‚ Now a poofy ballgown could be a bit much…but neither of those, sparkle or not, would be, IMO.

Post # 9
    460 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

I actually like the costco dress too (who would have thought!) but for just a difference of 150 I think the quality and the service you will get with the casablanca is well worth it

Post # 10
    528 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

Casablanca all the way- it’s just got something more ‘wow’ about it. Much prefer the neckline too. Both are lovely, either way can’t go far wrong!

Post # 11
    236 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

I like the Kirstie Kelly… I dont really like how the sweetheart top is done on the Casablanca. Its a lovely dress but I just dont like how its a little boxy

Post # 12
    553 posts
    Busy bee

I really think the second is a younger, fresher, airier, more destination appropriate dress. I love the loose ends on the bust and the softness of the dress. The first dress has an unusually wide “v” in the sweetheart bust and I am not very fond. It seems that the Casablanca is more stiff, less comfortable and would stand on its own without being worn. Without knowing the designers, I think you might have had entirely different poll results, since some might have had a neg impression of the Costco retailer and/or lesser known line..whether they were willing to admit to it or not. Go with which dress makes you feel more comfortable, since you will be outdoors and you should consider the elements. Choose the lighter, more fluid dress because they are really very similar. I honestly think the Kristie with a lovely sash would be absolutely incredible. Nothing blingy or crazy, but soft and pretty. Just enough to add that something unique! πŸ™‚

Post # 13
    2104 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

I actually picked the Casablanca because I preferred the lace pattern, then I read your comments and saw that you prefer the Kirstie Kelly…so I change my vote!

Post # 14
    260 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

The neckline on the Kristie Kelly is much prettier than the Casablanca, imo. I prefer the lace pattern on the Kristie Kelly too. Nicer and less expensive!

Post # 15
    1048 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

I like the scalloped edging on the neckline of the Kirstie Kelly.  I think it softens the look of the dress. There is also a softer look to the lace of the KK dress that I think is just beautiful.  The casablance is nice of course, but I prefer the KK one.  Either way, you’ll be a beautiful bride in either of these dresses. 

Post # 16
    1131 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

I like the fit of the costco dress on you. Also, remember that costco sells things at a huge discount, so if the dress is $1000, it could be worth $2000, not $150 less than the other dress.

Anyway, the costco dress fits your shape better I think, and I prefer the lace on it as well.

Both beautiful. Good luck! πŸ™‚

The topic ‘Casablanca 1975 vs Kirstie Kelly’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors