(Closed) Casablanca 1975

posted 11 years ago in Dress
Post # 17
1 posts
Wannabee

I love this dress as well. What prices are you finding it for? Anyone planning to sell their 1975 after your wedding?

Post # 18
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2010

here is a professional picture of me in the dress which we made strapless, it’s breath taking!

Post # 19
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Post # 20
56 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

That dress is really really nice! Love the lace, and I love it strapless as well.

Post # 21
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I’m a Casablanca 1975 bride as well. Bought my dress in June and absolutely love it. I bought it in ivory. ๐Ÿ™‚ I can’t wait to see it again!

rdrosendale — love what you did with the dress. It looks gorgeous! One of my favorite parts of the dress was the back of it (that deep V)… what did the back of yours look like once you made it strapless? If you have any pics, I would love to see!  Also, did you have it altered like this after your dress came in, or it was made to order this way? Just wondering now if I have any options now that my dress has been ordered in the original state.

Also looking for some ideas for bustling this dress? They started to play with it in the store and I wasn’t really impressed. What are you gals doing???

Post # 22
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 2009

wow, i am so happy to find you guys! I also picked a Casa Blanca 1975 wedding dress. I kept the straps because I absolutely loved the low back. What I am having a hard time is deciding on how I should wear my hair. I want an up-do of course so that I can show off the deep V back detail since my hair is long…should I go for a clean up-do or should I do a messy look… i am so undecided!!! Wedding is early Nov.

Post # 23
34 posts
Newbee

@nylevram: I was thinking about doing something soft and romantic to my hair. I’m keeping the straps on my dress as well because I love the back of the dress… I was actually thinking about doing a low ponytail or messy bun at the nape of my neck and pulling it over to one side. I have an issue with symmetry – I must have it! So, the messy bun I’m talking about would really be ‘organized chaos’ if that makes any sense. I’d love to hear what you’re thinking…  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 24
590 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

i love this dress–i have been looking at it online but haven’t tried it on yet. so nice to see pictures of all of you in it! i really want straps on my dress, when i wear strapless i seriously spend the entire night tugging up my dress no matter how tight it is.

Post # 25
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I just tried this dress on Last night and I Love it to I was really look for mermaid and poofy on the bottom but this dress is very sexy!!! rdrosendale Can you send me more pics?

[attachment=1234743,157205]

Post # 26
34 posts
Newbee

Dandani2008 : You look great! ๐Ÿ™‚

Since everyone is sharing their pics, I thought I would post one of me trying on my dress as well. I’m thinking about adding a pedicoat under it to have a little poof from my knees and below. I don’t think I look very good in the mermaid style, so I was planning to just add some poof to hold the form of the dress so its not all wrapped around my feet all night. Has (or is) anyone done/doing this?

I’m still hoping for some ideas for bustling this dress. I’m worried that it will take away from back of it, but it definitely has to be done because I want to dance!! Interested to know what you ladies are deciding.

Post # 27
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I just bought this dress last week! It’s stunning on and very different than a lot of other dresses.  One salesperson said that she had never even seen the dress!

I can’t wait for it to get here…I will be sure to post pics once it is!

Post # 28
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2011

Ladies you all look beautiful. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this dress. From the moment I tried it on I absolutely loved it! Unfortunately for me it was not meant to be as it was out of my budget, but I continue to be in love with this dress.

Post # 29
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I tried on lots of dresses, but my mother’s and sister’s faces lit up when I walked out in this number. I felt like a million dollars i this dress. The one I am wearing in in champagne and I think that color fits with my romantic vintage style new orleans wedding. I kept the thin straps as is and plan on wearing my hair in a loose side bun with the hair piece pictured. The sparkle of the crystal beading is going to look so nice under the lights! Still need jewelry and shoes!

Post # 31
5 posts
Newbee

@lanikaibride:I think you look amazing in the dress! It looks great without straps! ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘Casablanca 1975’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors