(Closed) Casablanca 1975

posted 11 years ago in Dress
Post # 32
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@lanikaibride: I think it looks great! I dont think I would bother with getting anything added back to it… it’s nice a clean – very flattering as is! Can you tell me how you decided to bustle it? I’ve asked a couple times on this thread and no responses thus far… I’m worried there is no pretty way to do it without ruining the goegeous back of the dress. I’m interested to see what you decided. PM me if thats easier. Thanks!!

Post # 34
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Hi Ladies,

I love this dress!  Tried it on today, and I’m thinking of ordering it strapless. My only concern is whether or not the dress will stay up, especially since it’s so low cut in the back and it is designed to be worn with straps. 

Can anyone who has worn this dress strapless comment at all on that?

Thanks for the help!!

Post # 35
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Everyone looks awesome in this dress!  I just tried it on yesterday, and out of all of the dress I tried on this is the one!  Going back next week to finalize my order…can not wait to wear it, everone seems so happy with theirs

Post # 37
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 2010

I absolutely LOVE this dress.  I must have tried on 30 dresses before choosing Casablanca 1975.  I originally wanted to have the straps taken off and turned into a sweetheart neckline, but once I tried on the dress in my size the straps actually looked beautiful with it.  Plus the straps kind of give it that more old hollywood glamour feel, which I really like.  I think it all depends on your body shape though.  If you have slightly broader shoulders, then a sweetheart neckline is probably best.  I can’t wait to walk down the isle wearing this dress!  My fiance is gonna go crazy over it.

Post # 38
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 2010

@lanikaibride:

I think you should just do what you feel is right for you.  If you are not happy with the neckline and think more lacing would be nice, then go for it, but I think you look amazing already, and the dress looks beautiful the way it is.

Post # 41
65 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@lanikaibride: Love it – looks really great! Did you end up figuring out the bustle? Did you end up going with the pic you posted here? I’m looking for some help on that front!

My dress just came in – and I absolutely love it more than the day I tried it on. Looks fantastic! I kept the straps – but I’m wondering if anyone else is having issues with the straps rubbing their shoulders roughly (the material under the tiny pearls)? Just walking around in the bridal salon, I had huge red marks where the straps were (and outside of them too since the strap slid around quite a bit). Can’t have that on the wedding day. thinking about asking the alterations lady to sew satin under them. Or replace the straps altogether ๐Ÿ™ I just dont want to lose the little pearls.

Anyone else with this issue? Or a fix?

Post # 43
1260 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@lanikaibride: Exciting! Did you end up going with more lace on the top line? I think that would look so nice! It already looks fab though. By The Way, I live in Lanikai! How cool that a bee is getting married right here in my backyard! ๐Ÿ˜€

The topic ‘Casablanca 1975’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors