(Closed) Casablanca 1975

posted 11 years ago in Dress
Post # 47
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011

You guys look gorgeous!  I ordered my 1975 a few months ago and should get it in over the next month or two πŸ™‚  I am having it made without the straps into a sweetheart neckline but keeping the scalloped lace edges

[attachment=1574717,196912]

Post # 48
65 posts
Worker bee

@lanikaibride: Thanks for sharing pics of your bustle! It looks great! In some of the bustling pictures I’ve seen, it looks like the back of the dress doesn’t drag on the floor at all, but in your bustle, it looks like some of the length is still there, so you’ll have somewhat of a drag behind you still. Is that true? I was worried about dancing on my dress and ripping it. Do you not think you’ll have that problem? Your dress looks absolutely gorgeous bustled, so I am interested in hearing your thoughts! Thanks again for sharing!

Oh and by the way, yes – the dress puckered on me when I first tried it on. It was way too small around my hips though, so that was why. Now that I have the correct size, it doesn’t do that. Once they alter you up the right way and fits it perfect on your hips, you should be in good shape!

Post # 50
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@His Lioness:YES! I had this problem too! πŸ™ My shoulders will be rubbed bare by the end of the night. Did you figure out a solution to the rough straps?

Post # 52
65 posts
Worker bee

@soulmates456: No solution as of yet since I haven’t met with alterations. However, I am going to ask that they put satin under the strap where the rough stuff is. I’m hoping that the satin will be enough to make this a non-issue. If it isn’t, I’m going to have to replace the straps. πŸ™ Which means I would lose the pearls. I definitely can’t have my shoulders be bright red all night, so I have to find a fix. I don’t know why the dress maker thought that material was a good idea. OUCH!

Post # 53
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Hey ladies! I’m knew to this thread! I am ordering this dress very soon! I need help deciding on straps or no straps. I’m 23, about 135 and 5’4″. I dont know if the straps make me look older or not? I love the deep V back and I’m afraid Ill lose that if I do this dress strapless?!?! Thanks for any input you can give me! Everyone looks great in there dress!

Post # 54
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Just ordered my 1975 last week! It is such a beautiful dress – I’m SO excited. I loved the deep V neck both in the front and back. I decided to stick with the straps, I like the way  it makes the dress look overall πŸ™‚

Have any 1975 brides thought about what bridesmaids dresses they are going to go with? I want bridesmaids dresses that compliment my wedding dress, but I’m having a hard time deciding what style or designer to go with.

Suggestions?

Post # 55
135 posts
Blushing bee

I love 1975 by Casablanca, here is one of my favorite pictures of one of our brides looking at her gown prior to her ceremony. We ordered her gown with the custom neckline change to a sweetheart, keeping the oringinal lace scalloped edge.

Post # 56
63 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Hello Ladies! I am proud to say that I am wearing 1975 for my June wedding πŸ™‚ My parents were married in 1975 so I feel like that is kinda symbolic, haha!  It should be here next month, I can NOT wait!

I would also love to hear what bridesmaid dresses everyone is using… I’m a little late on picking them out, but I am at a loss!

@kachuba_09: I am also 23 & chose this dress! I think the deep V in the front & back keeps it a little age appropriate & not too modest, hehe. I think its timeless & is perfect for whatever age!

Post # 57
10 posts
Newbee

What are you ladies wearing for jewelry? I’m thinking something with a back drop, I think that would look gorgeous with the deep V neck! I could use some ideas for that! I get to go try on this dress again this weekend! I cant wait!

Post # 58
4 posts
Wannabee

@lanikaibride:

Your dress looks great! Did you take the back up to do the strapless version or is this how it came when you ordered it? I want to do strapless and have had conflicting information depending on the bridal shop wether it need to be raised or not… thanks!

Post # 59
4 posts
Wannabee

@j.andrews.bridal: Is this the champagne/ivory? I’m having a hard time deciding which color to go with, but I’m leaning toward champagne since I’m doing an outdoor country wedding : ) 

Post # 60
65 posts
Worker bee

@kachuba_09: I’ve seen some cute back drops, but decided to only do long sparkling dangle earrings and a bracelet. I’m putting a flower hair piece in my hair as well, so I opted to go with no necklace.

Post # 61
10 posts
Newbee

@HisLioness I’m thinking with doing without the necklace too, especially since I kept that straps! I really can not decide which color to get. I”m ordering the dress tomorrow!! I tried on the ivory but the pics I’ve seen on the champagne or really pretty.MY theme is rustic fall wedding and our ceremony is going to be held at a winery with waterfalls in the background. Our reception venue is not really going with my theme though, it just a banquet hall.

What color did everyone choose? To you ladies that ordered the champagne, do you have any pictures? Thanks ladies!!

The topic ‘Casablanca 1975’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors