(Closed) Casablanca 1975

posted 10 years ago in Dress
Post # 62
101 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@kachuba_09: I definitely ordered ivory. I liked the way it looked against my skin better. But, the champagne is really gorgeous too! Sounds like it would be great for your wedding! Good luck choosing!

Post # 63
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I knew I was going to order this dress…but it is official now!! I ordered it Monday in the champagne, I kept the straps, and I ordered it with buttons down the back zipper! I love the buttons! Now for those of you asking about Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses, mine are posted below. I didn’t really consider how they will look with my dress but how my BMs felt in them! and they all love it!!! It’s shown in taffeta, but we are ordering them in crystal satin!

[attachment=1688408,209235]

Post # 64
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I’m having this dress made strappless (which I guess they will have to raise the back too?), doing a trumpet fit on it so that the bottom is a little fuller and overall curvier, and I’m having buttoms put on the back. I’m thinking of getting it in white, does anyone have any pics or experience with the white version? I’ve only seen the ivory. Here’s a pic of the ivory sample dress I tried on.

[attachment=1691499,209629] [attachment=1691499,209630]

Post # 65
2402 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I looove this dress! I can’t wait to try it on when I go dress shopping. Everyone looks great. I really like the idea of turning into a strapless dress with a sweetheart neckline, too.

Post # 66
101 posts
Blushing bee

My girls are wearing this dress from Alfred Angelo. The color is eggplant, and is a lot darker/deeper purple than the dress in this picture. I liked that their dress had speghetti straps like mine, but that was totally an accident – I let them pick whatever they liked best and just gave the final “ok”. ๐Ÿ˜‰

[attachment=1692241,209719]

Post # 70
101 posts
Blushing bee

@lanikaibride: You look absolutely gorgeous!! ๐Ÿ™‚ It makes me so excited to wear this dress for my big day! I have alterations in a month!! Woohoo! Just one thing – in the end, it looks like you kept a little length in the bustle (a little drag behind) – did it get in your way when you were dancing? I really like the way it looks and am thinking about showing my seamstress these pics!! I am just so nervous that someone will step on it (or I will!).

Post # 71
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@rdrosendale: thanks for the pictures, I wanted to try to keep some of the lace detail on the neckline but was not sure what it would look like, I really like how the lace stands up on your dress, I may do the same!

Post # 72
5 posts
Newbee

In love with this dress- ordering it strapless ๐Ÿ™‚ It is really traditional yet sexy, and goes along with my vintagey wedding that I am planning. Any thoughts or ideas on shoes that go with this dress? I also plan on wearing my hair down, any ideas for head pieces? Thanks!

Post # 73
5 posts
Newbee
Post # 74
191 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

This is my first post on here but I was so excited to find other casablanca 1975 girls out there!  I love the idea of wearing a sash with the dress to create some extra lines but I was wondering with the girls who did use a sash did you tie it in the back?  Or can you have it attached to the dress?  Feedback would be great before I order one on etsy.com ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 75
134 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@autumn865: I am ordering a sash to go with mine… And the one that I tried on at the bridal salon tied in the back (it is the sash that goes with the Enzoani Diana dress). But I just couldn’t spend $375 dollars on a sash! I have a friend that does a lot of sewing so we are working on creating one that is similar! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 76
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Hi girls!!

What bra did you wear with this dress? I’m having the hardest time finding one that

A. has a low enough back

B. is strapless

C. gives me some push up!!

D. is able to stay up (might have to be a corset)

any ideas would be GREAT! Thanks!

The topic ‘Casablanca 1975’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors