(Closed) Casablanca 1975

posted 11 years ago in Dress
Post # 77
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Hi,

I’m new to this thread. I’m very close to deciding on this dress, but didn’t want any beading/crystals. Has anyone had it made without this? If so, I’d love to see a picture.

Also, I’m thinking of adding on a detachable pseudo jacket just for the ceremony. Off the shoulder, 3/4 length sleeves. If anyone has done any add-ons, please post pics.

Thanks!

Post # 78
116 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@soulmates456:

I’ve been thinking about the bra for this dress too!  I went to Victoria’s Secret and they have a push up, strapless, and backless bra (for $50) and the woman said that that would stay up despite heat, sweat, dancing whatever.  Victoria’s Secret also aparently has a whole bridal section.  I also remember the sales woman when I bought the dress saying that they can sew a bra into the actual dress during alterations.  This would probably be easiest.  I’ve been meaning to call again and ask.  Post if you get any other information or ideas! 

Post # 79
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@Soon to B Mrs. B: I was so happy to see you mention altering the bottom to add more volume. I tried this and like 12 other dresses on today this was the only one that made me go WOW! But I need it to more like a trumpet at the bottom to say yes to the dress ! Smile

They mentioned adding tool underneath but I don’t know how much volume that would add. Did they say you could turn the bottom into a trumpet and still keep the beautiful train?

Anyone else modify the bottom to get more volume? How did you do it?

Post # 80
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I’m so excited!  Ordering the dress in white, strapless, and satin with the lace appliqued to the dress ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ll post a pic when it gets in, but it’ll be a while…

Post # 81
47 posts
Newbee

I had my 2nd and 3rd bridal fitting today. The first was with my Fiance at David’s Bridal just to get a feel for his silhouette preferences, the others with my mom and Maid/Matron of Honor (we live in different cities so I finally flew down to do it with them).  The funny thing is that I had narrowed it down to this and a Maggie at the first salon.  At the second salon had removed the designer label and it was the only one we liked there, only for us to realize it was the same dress, although it was Champagne-Ivory.  Anyhoo, here it is on me in Ivory-Ivory-Silver. 

I tucked in the straps because they just did not look good on me. I was a little worried about the twisting at the bottom, but don’t like the flared out look of a mermaid on me (being short the flareness draws the eyes downward to the “puddle” of fabric at my feet).  I haven’t ordered yet as I’m still anxious about committing. For some reason, I feel like I need to go to a few more shops to see what’s out there, like I might be missing out on something.

@lanikaibride You look/ed fabulous in it! I was wondering where did you get your Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses?

Post # 82
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Hi!  I am recently engaged and did a lot of dress “shopping” with my mom recently (she lives across the country) although my wedding is not until Oct. ’12.  This is the first dress we fell IN LOVE with.  Originally we saw it in champagne and it just took my breath away.  Later in ivory and silver which my Mom loved even more, and I am still torn!  It is just so beautiful!!

Suhseal – The dress is stunning on you.  Puddle or no puddle, its just beautiful and elegant.  Just say yes ๐Ÿ™‚

Lanikaibride – You decided to forego the sash?  It was soooo beautiful either way.  Your veil is exactly what I’ve been imagining.  Can you share the details? 

Post # 83
47 posts
Newbee

Aww, thanks buttrflyah  I’m actually torn between this dress and the lace dress they sell at Costco! I personally liked the ivory but I’m a bit tan so the champagne didn’t stand out as much on me.  Let us know which one you choose!

Post # 84
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011

had my wedding last sunday!!

Post # 85
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Can someone please help me with shoes!!!! I dont know what to wear with this dress!!

Post # 86
63 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Hey ladies!!! I am planning on selling mine after my wedding on June 24. It’s a Size 8. We are taking it in a little bit, but I didn’t need the length altered at all so it will be the original length. Message me if interested! It’s a gorgeous dress, and i’d love to see someone else wear it on their big day!

Here is my Casablanca 1975:

Post # 87
5 posts
Newbee

I just got married in this dress… I noticed that most people choose to remove the straps.  In my opinion, the straps are what make this dress so unique.  I’ll post a couple of pics to try and persuade others to keep the straps too!!

Post # 88
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@breemott Thank you for posting! You look absolutely stunning!

I bought this dress and chose to keep the straps, and am anxiously awaiting the arrival.

Post # 89
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I’m also a Casablanca 1975 girl! I ordered mine with a deep sweetheart neckline in Champage/Ivory/Silver. It just came in a few weeks ago, but I don’t have any pictures yet because I haven’t had a fitting. A quick question for those who ordered without straps- has anyone had trouble with the bodice staying up once the alterations were done? I think mine just needs to be taken in a bit, but I’m so worried that even after alterations, the top of the dress will gape away from my chest! 

Post # 90
5 posts
Newbee

@evj517: Thanks so much!  It was hand down the best day of my life… thus far.  I am actually a wedding planner and it seems like every bride I see has a stapless, somewhat poofy dress.  This dress really fits the “simple elegance” theme that just about every bride aims for. Of course I am biased, but I think that this is one of the most stunning dresses on the market.  I’m sure you will fall in love with it all over again when it comes in! Best of luck to you ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 91
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2011

hi ladies!!! i finally decided on this gown last week   ๐Ÿ™‚  yay!!!  i am wondering now about bustle options . . if anyone has pix of their bustle, that would be greatly appreciated!

did anyone do a wrist loop by chance?

The topic ‘Casablanca 1975’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors