(Closed) Casablanca 1975

posted 10 years ago in Dress
Post # 97
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@lanikaibride: WOW love the way the back looks on you!!! Did you have the train somehow extended, or is it just the angle this picture is taken at??  I hope my train looks as long and gorgeous as yours!  πŸ™‚  Aww!  Can’t wait to wear this dressy!  we have such good taste  πŸ˜‰  hahah

Post # 98
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@breemott: I did the dress in strapless but it looked stunning on you with straps!

Post # 99
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2011

wedding Dancingwedding Parkwedding Dress 2wedding Dress

I found this blog really helpful when I was making decisions and getting my alterations done.  I hope these pictures help you make your decision.   I didn’t do many alterations to the dress so it’s nothing creative but hopefully it still helps. 

The dress is in ivory.  I ordered it without the straps (I loved the way it looked with both so it was really tough to decide) and my bustle was very simple. 

Post # 100
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2014

@shellbee101 We have the same date and the same dress!! I ordered this dress in the champagne/ivory/silver, it should be in within the next couple weeks! Im so excited to see it! I kept the straps too! All you ladies look beautiful in your dress! I absoultely love this dress and can’t wait to wear it!

Post # 101
32 posts
Newbee

@kachuba_09: hahaha hooray for best date and best dress ever  πŸ™‚  hehe.  Mine is all Ivory though!  I’m sure the champagne ivory silver combo is going to be great, I ended up purchasing the sample they had at the salon I went to because I didn’t actually purchase it until about 2 weeks ago  (last minute! woops!)  What type of setting are you getting married at?

Post # 102
32 posts
Newbee

Hi Bee’s!  I am wondering- did anyone where a petticoat under their 1975?  I am trying to decide if I need something, and if so, what would work and how puffy it should be?  Any tips would be great, thanks!!!  πŸ™‚

Post # 103
32 posts
Newbee

wear***  (grammer nazi!)

Post # 104
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I got this dress too! You guys all look so elegant and pretty in those photos. πŸ™‚ I’m a lot more curvy and had to have the hips let out, but I love it! πŸ™‚ Maybe I will get to post some of my photos in a few weeks

Post # 105
32 posts
Newbee

@gogogosammy: yes! please post pix! i am very curvy myself and unfortunately don’t have any pix of me in my gown just yet . . what are you wearing for a petticoat? any?

Post # 106
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2012

DISCLAIMER: I look awful in these pictures!!

I bought this Casablanca 1975 dress yesterday very very randomly!  I got off work early and decided to call my mom and friend and see if they wanted to go with me to try on wedding dresses just for the fun of it.  My wedding is in 385 days and I really didnt want to start seriously looking for another 3-4 months..ESP not until I lost a good 10 pounds or so!  But I figured it would be fun so why not!  We went and the lady was soo nice and helpful.  She pulled about 8 dresses that she thought I’d like and after telling her I felt “too princessy” in all the lace dresses with the poofy bottom (a lot of Casablanca dresses. i loved the look of them but i’m just not a poofy kind of girl) she went and pulled this Casablanca 1975.  The first thing I saw was the lace with the point de esprit dots all over the lace  I was in love.  I tried the dress on but didnt feel comfortable in the spaghetti straps and thats when the lady told me I could change them to be however I wanted them.  She threw on some cap sleeves and I was ready to buy it.  I thought I was crazy to buy a dress that fast but my friend said “honestly, every picture you have showed me is exactly like this.  It is beautiful, it fits you, the length is perfect and it’s exactly what you want.  I say get it!”.  So, my mom bought it. Crazy!!  I am in LOVE with it and i absoutly love the cap sleeves.  The owner came out and said she’d never seen cap sleeves on the dress before and said it was the perfect touch!  I cant wait to see it after it comes in and see how it looks when it actually fits well and when the sleeves arent paper clipped on, haha. I also added a row of buttons down the zipper for a femine little touch.  I love dresses with those big white dresses and was bummed that this dress didnt have any, so adding them was a perfect idea!

The topic ‘Casablanca 1975’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors