(Closed) Casablanca 1978

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
2 posts
Wannabee

@starrieenitee:

yes lots of beading but absolutely beautiful. it was a bit heavy, i wore it for a few hours and it was fine. not sure about wearing it for 8 hrs and dancing, etc. i did change into a reception dress for the dance.

Post # 4
1486 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I didn’t wear it… I just wanted to tell you that I looked it up and it is BEAUTIFUL! 🙂

Post # 5
1828 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@starrieenitee: I’m looking at this dress too! Just started looking… realizing I’m incredibly indecisive. If you end up getting it you should post pictures!!! I’m dying to see a real person in it (other than myself). I LOVE the dress and the beading but I don’t think it shows well on the model on the website.

Post # 6
5423 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2012

This dress is great! I put it on and loved it.  I’m petite and I didn’t find it to be heavy.  Im really into the fabric. The detail is delicate and still packs a punch.  The website needs a better picture.  Not sure if it matters but the store was selling it for $1250.

Post # 7
232 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

im getting this dress…love love the beadwork. OP did u end up deciding on this dress?

Post # 8
1828 posts
Buzzing bee

I just got this dress! I love it 🙂 and I think we all have fantastic taste here. It’s so fantastically unique.

Post # 9
232 posts
Helper bee

@September29:  do you mind if i ask about what u paid for the dress? at the bridal shop where i tried it on they wanted $1300.00. before i commited to that i wanted to look online and saw it for about $900.00. buying online has always made me weary but to save $400.00…..

Post # 10
1828 posts
Buzzing bee

@FutureMrsOToole: Hey! I saw you posted a pic of the dress in another thread. Don’t pay 1300!! I hope it’s not too late…

The salon I first tried it on at ahd it for $965. I went to another salon to look for more dresses… she said they’d do it for $899, though they didn’t have it in house. I went back to the first salon after I made my descision and they honored the $899 price. Good luck!

Post # 11
232 posts
Helper bee

thanks! no its not too late, my mom has been asking me where my final decision on buying it is…im gonna have to check out some other shops in my area.

Post # 12
75 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Hi,

I tried on a Casablanca dress today that I LOVED, but the shop wouldn’t allow photos and wouldn’t tell me the designer (I peeked at the inside label when the assistant wasn’t looking and found out that it’s Casablanca).  I’m almost positive that 1978 is the one, but I’m wondering if anyone else who has or who has tried it on it could post pics?  Like an earlier poster said, the model pics on the Casablanca website do NOT do the dress justice. 

I would like to find the dress at a more reputable shop, but I need to make sure I’m looking for the right one first!

To answer the OP’s post from 5 months ago (or for anyone else who is wondering about the dress), it is VERY light for a beaded dress–by fair the floatiest, lightest beaded dress that I’ve tried, and I have tried a ton!

Thanks,

Annie

Post # 13
188 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

this is my dress!  i added a sash too though, im hoping it will look better once it’s the right size etc.  plus ive been working out and loosing a bit more weight.  i love this dress, i didn’t find it heavy at all, i thought i wanted a big ball gown, but tried on a few and found them annoying, lol.  it’s so true when people say you will get the complete opposite of what you think you want!  

Post # 14
1828 posts
Buzzing bee

@katiegirl84: It looks wonderful on you!! So glad to see this on a real person. I like the sash, too- didn’t think I would, but it works really nicely. And it looks like it fits perfectly there!

Is that your actual dress or the sample? I’m wondering because of alterations, etc. I put mine on back order until March, and I’m worried about alterations bc of the beading! My bust, waist and hips were 3 different sizes, so I had to go with the biggest one (waist). I’m nervous that when it comes in I’ll have gained/lost weight and that it’ll compromise the beading.

Post # 15
188 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@September29:  sorry, i didn’t see your comment until now.  This was a sample that was a size too big.  I ordered a size smaller and since then have lost another 10 lbs, I didn’t think about the alternations and the beading, but I’m sure there is something that can be worked out.  Mine comes at the end of November so I will def let you know! 

I went back to this shop to look at bridesmaides dresses a few weeks ago, since I lost the 10lbs, and even though the sample was bigger on me they said it wouldn’t be a problem with the alterations.

I am also probably going to add a slip or whatever those are called to make it fuller, I tried one on the second time and it looked really good!

Post # 16
1828 posts
Buzzing bee

@MissAnnie:

Hey guys, look what came in early! I was so excited to finally have the dress (though it’s obnoxiously early!)

@starrieenitee: To answer your question, totally not heavy. When I tried on the sample it was too big and had to be held in the back, so I didn’t get a feel for the weight. When I tried on my actual dress in the store I forgot my strapless bra, so the woman had be wear this bodice-like contraption. When I put the dress on, I was really feeling it in my ribcage and was getting worried if I’d be able to survive the day in it. BUT, I got home and tried on my dress without a bra and it was wonderful! No problems. So it was only the bodice that was hurting, not the actual dress. The best thing about this dress is bc of the beading and the structure work, I don’t need to wear anything other than undies! Thank god. (I’m getting cups put in).

But anyway, here are my pictures! The pictures STILL don’t do the dress justice, which is kind of a bummer. It does sparkle like crazy in real life! My only other criticism is I feel super awkward sitting in the dress. But I guess that will happen with bigish wedding dresses. I’m having a Catholilc ceremony so there will be a lot of sitting!

Also, I ordered it with a semi-sweetheart neckline, instead of straight across- I’m very happy with it.

The topic ‘Casablanca 1978’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors