(Closed) Casablanca 2004???

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@shellbee101:

After searching on designer’s websites, I really thought Casablanca 2004 was going to be the dress for me….until I tried it on.  I’m only 33 but I just think this dress made me look old.  These are the first pics I’ve posted on here.  I was a bit heartbroken but ended up eliminating this one from the runnings for me.  (Sorry for the sideways photos….I could not get them vertical even after I rotated and saved them.)

Post # 5
7 posts
Newbee

@shellbee101:

Yeah, I agree something needs to be done with the neckline.  It seems too squarish.  I absolutely love the sheer lace back.  That’s the feature that initially drew me to the dress.  Best of luck with the modifications and your wedding!

Post # 7
2 posts
Wannabee

I found this thread after a Google search of this dress, which I just bought TODAY! Here is the thing: I didn’t actually get to try it on all the way – something I probably would have sworn I’d never do (buy a gown I hadn’t exactly seen on myself). The sample for style 2004 was so tiny, so I could sort of get it on to have an idea, but couldn’t get the full effect. Despite the other dresses I tried on, I just kept gravitating to this one and at the end – just had to do it.

@shellbee101: do you by chance have any pictures of you in the dress? It must have looked great on you if you ended up chosing it! I’d just like to see it on someone who it worked for (besides the Casablanca model, ha) since I won’t see my wedding dress on ME until it comes in in December!

Post # 8
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Just ordered my dress today ! I have a dress already, but after trying this one on, I had to get it ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 9
561 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Hey ladies, thanks for posting pics of REAL brides in this dress! This is the first time I’ve seen it on an actual person (besides the model, of course).  My wedding date keeps shifting to the right, and I keep coming back to this gown.

Post # 10
101 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

This is a beautiful gown. It has a Claire Pettibone feeling to it! It photographs gorgeously. Here are some photos I ran into. They are from a photographer named Matthew Wong. I found them because the groom’s sister is the YouTube make-up blogger Xteeener.

Post # 12
344 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

This was the gown that I thought I wanted as well. It is GORGEOUS and that sheer back is the best feature in my opinion plus that beautiful sheer lace train. To all brides who rock this dress, congrats! You’ll all look beautiful. I tried it on and the dress just didn’t suit my petite frame and I had to nix it. ..But luckily I found my dress in another Casablanca gown and couldn’t be happier! It’s so refreshing to see this gown on a few pictures besides the stock photo.

Post # 13
7 posts
Newbee

@Melie12:

I feel your heartbreak, Melie12!  I began looking for a wedding gown via the Internet (which at least helped me decide I wanted all lace, top to bottom).  As I picked out dresses I was interested in trying, it became a scavenger hunt to find out which bridal stores had which dresses (and some that I loved from the online pics I did not even end up finding anywhere).  I was convinced that Casa 2004 was the dress I was going to pick.  But when I tried it on, I didn’t feel that it was the one for me.  After trying it 3 times, I finally axed it from my list.  I was so heartbroken b/c it is such a gorgeous dress!!  I’m waiting for some stores to get three of the new Fall 2011 Allure gowns in, but if none of those are “it”, I will be going with Casablanca 1975.  I would love to know which Casablanca gown you decided to go with.  A couple of my Casa runner-ups were 1847 and 2030.  So glad to hear you found your dress!  I’m still waiting, although I will not be disappointed with the 1975 if none of the Allure gowns work out — I’ve just been eying some of these Allure gowns since the end of May when I began looking and I have to try them.

Post # 14
190 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I’m wearing a Casablanca!! Great choice!!

Post # 15
4419 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

I actually love the neckline of Casablanca 2004. It’s so elegant. I think you need to find the right jewelry to go with it, and then you might be happier with the neckline. Gorgeious dress!

I wore Casablanca 1914. I wore it strapless for our wedding, and for our reception this Satureday, I’ve added cap sleeves to it. I did a lot of modification to my dress. For the wedding, I changed the neckline from a sweetheart to a modified straight neckline… 

Post # 16
344 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@lablady1978: Hi! Its funny you mentioned about searching online first because that’s how I found the casablanca 2004 dress. And I for sure thought that was the one. I drove a little farther distance than I needed to a shop because they carried it. Just goes to show how trying it on does wonders..The Casablanca 2013 gown I chose is so different and to be honest, the stock photo does not do it justice at all. I’m having it fitted more snug down the hip  (forgot the name of the alteration) and then flare out. It’s simple but the embroidery and crystals in the bodice and train just give it enough pop for me. My mom picked it out on the hanger at the bridal shop (this was before I tried on my 1st choice) and I thought ‘ sure I’ll try it for her’ and when I did, I just felt like myself in it (this was right after the casablanca 2004). I’m expecting it early fall and I can’t wait!! ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ll take a picture when that time comes.

I know what you mean about trying others first. I tried on about 5 more after the one I ultimately chose. But I kept on coming back to it and that’s how I knew.

Casablancas make gorgeous dresses and 1975 is breathtaking!! Good luck!! I’m sure you’ll find your answer very soon! ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘Casablanca 2004???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors