(Closed) Casablanca 2037 help!

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@Ana6813:  Hi there!  I recently purchased the same dress.  I am also a street size 4 and my bridal shop also recommended I order a size 8 because of my hips.  Wedding dress sizes are typically off from street sizes anyway.  The lady who ordered my dress asked me if I wanted a deeper sweetheart neckline and my answer was of course, yes!  So I would check with your bridal shop to see if they can still request that. I believe it cost a little more ($75.00) but it’ll be worth it!  It is a gorgeous dress -you won’t regret your decision!!! Good luck!

Post # 4
433 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I ordered this dress in January. I’m also a street size 4 and was told to order an 8 so it sounds like that’s pretty typical! I would definitely ask them if they can modify the neckline- I am having mine made into more of a sweetheart. My dress should be coming in soon so I’ll post some pictures when I go for my first fitting and can show you how the neckline turned out. Just remind yourself of why you liked the dress in the first place– it’s classy and timeless and really flattering.

Post # 6
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2013

You’re welcome! 🙂 I for one am glad the dress process is over! The Casablanca was the first dress I tried on & was the one I compared all the others to! I don’t think my dress is coming in until October but I will try to remember to post a pic!

Post # 7
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@Ana6813:  

I am new to wedding bee, I was reading through post and saw you purchased the casablanca 2037 dress as well! I just bought mine and I’m having the SAME kind of feelings you are! After looking through photos of me in it I was doubting my choice, but after all I tried on a size 10 and I’m a size 2 so I’m so worried that it will fit and look flattering on me when it comes in my size! I have a small bust as well and I felt the top (obviously on the size 10) made me look so heavy and I am so tiny I am just hoping on my wedding day my dress makes me feel good. Don’t get me wrong as soon as I put on the dress I fell in love and I love it BUT of course I hope in my size and when I try it back on I just feel amazing and tiny…am I just freaking out?

Do you have any pics!? Thanks

Post # 9
34 posts
Newbee

@AutumnElegance:  I can’t wait to see the pics you post so I feel better… mine wont come in until 6-7 months from now I dont know how im going to make it waiting so long!

Post # 10
34 posts
Newbee

@Ana6813:  Omg thank you for writing back, makes me feel better, I dont get weddingbee…besides getting a message i dont know when someone comments back?

Post # 12
378 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

No worries ladies. I wore the Casablanca 2037 for my dress and had to order up in size also (I’m normally a street size 2-4 and ordered a 6 for my hips). Trust me, you will need it–I couldn’t have taken the hips in even if I  tried lol! My seamstress took in from the side seams and it fit beautifully in the end. Casablanca does do alterations, so if you call the bridal shop they might be able to get it altered into a deeper sweetheart for you. If not, your own seamstress can of course do it when the dress comes in!

Post # 13
62 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@Ana6813:  

@Alleycat:  

@MissAlyssa87:  

@smurf901:  

@AutumnElegance:  

Hoping for some sizing help. I tried on casablanca 2062 today at a shop and loved it. I tried on a 12 and she said she would probably go up one size on me because it was bunching just a bit in the chest area.

My question is, I thought they took your own personal measurements to order a new gown? I also inquired about hollow to hem, because I am very short, only 4’11, but she said I wouldnt need it. I am feeling a little uncomfortable about that. I was hoping for custom measurments all around the board.

What were your experiences with sizing? Did they order a specific number size for you or did they take your measurements?

Thanks.

The topic ‘Casablanca 2037 help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors