(Closed) I think I bought the wrong color dress. Help!

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 4
128 posts
Blushing bee

I think ivory is usually more flattering on most skin tones! Relax! you will be stunning! 

Post # 5
3241 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

In general I think ivory is flattering on most skin tones. If the dress you tried on was ivory, how did it look at the time you tried it on?

Post # 7
927 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Casablanca’s ivory is very very white, don’t worry about it!

Post # 8
1652 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Don’t worry – ivory is like off-white usually, and is generally chosen over white for most brides as I understand it. Pure white is very bright and can leave many looking washed out.

Post # 9
899 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Pure white is often very bright – you’re probably better off with a slightly off-white colour. I’m sure it looks marvellous on 🙂

Post # 10
8422 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

Most brides do go with ivory b/c some whites in the “bridal world” look too stark and almost glow in the dark white.

Post # 11
100 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I’ve also heard that pure white is more difficult to photograph in terms of being able to capture all the details in the picture AND all the details of the dress.

Post # 12
1448 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I tend to think that olive-toned brides look better in white than in ivory, but in the end I don’t think it is going to really matter.  When I ordered my bridesmaids dresses the other day I saw a beautiful olive-toned woman purchase an ivory gown.  She looked lovely in it, but Fiance and I both thought she would have looked better in white.

I bought a white dress sight unseen and thought ivory looked dreadful on me.  My Fiance agreed.  We both love the white dress I purchased.

Your mileage will truly vary, and on your wedding day no one will know or much care except for you.

The topic ‘I think I bought the wrong color dress. Help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors