(Closed) Casablanca Brides! Style 2022?!

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I’m wearing the 2022 in my wedding next month! I bought it in champagne with ivory lace and I love it. The pic I have is from when I tried on the sample. My actual dress is at the tailor getting altered right now. I’ve lost a couple lb’s since then as well, so it looks a little different than it did in January when I tried it on. I still love it and can’t wait to see what it looks like when it’s finished.

Post # 5
8 posts
Newbee

Why thank you! I understand wanting to see the dress on other brides because they don’t look the same in the “staged” model shots. That’s what I was looking for too! The sample I have on in the pic is the champagne with ivory, but you can’t really tell because of the camera’s flash. Here are some photos I took of my actual dress just hanging up before I took it to my tailor. You can see the contrast a little better…I think it would look great in ivory too and sometimes think I should have ordered it that way. But, I do love my dress.

Post # 7
8 posts
Newbee

You’re welcome! You’ll have to put a photo of yours up when you get it. And about the zipper, I asked them just to leave the zipper off. I had to pay extra for the custom request, though. I knew I probably wouldn’t unzip it at any point, even though I did think it was pretty handy for dancing or cooling off if one decided to keep it. I don’t think anyone will notice yours. You probably ARE just focusing on it too much because you know it’s there. It will be great!

Post # 10
8 posts
Newbee

Oh yay! I’m glad you went and tried it on again and love it. I’m looking forward to seeing your pic of it too. Like you, I really want to see other brides in it! Where are they? Haha. Looks like it’s just you and me πŸ™‚

I’ve had 3 fittings in it so far, and we’re getting close to having it finished. I’ll make sure to post more pics after the wedding. 

Post # 13
8 posts
Newbee

Well, not sure how to describe it…and when my tailor asked me how I wanted the bustle to work, I had no idea what to tell him! Anyway, I’m not doing the “handle” thing where I have to hold it. I think we’ve decided (my tailor and I) that we’re going to bustle it closer to the hem and have it attach at the bottom of the zipper. The dress will be kind of high off the floor. We thought looked better that way.

Post # 14
8 posts
Newbee

Oh, and I’m getting so excited! Next week!! I’m having so much fun getting prepped and getting all the last details taken care of. Too bad my job gets in the way most of the time!

The topic ‘Casablanca Brides! Style 2022?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors