(Closed) Catholic priest salutation

posted 8 years ago in Catholic
Post # 3
3344 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

What do they call him in the church’s bulletin?

Post # 4
332 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

In writing his formal title, i.e., the outer envelope or in a bulletin it should be Reverend. In addresing him as in”dear so and so” in a letter or on the inner envelope it would be Father.

I had to learn this, my uncle is a Catholic priest. 🙂

Post # 6
411 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

Yup. Reverend is the formal title for Catholic priests 🙂

Post # 7
2083 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Eh ours said Reverend too, but we just went by Father Pawel since that is what we always call him. I don’t think it really matters, he’ll get the envelope either way 🙂

Post # 8
1025 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I think what I did is “The Reverend Father So and So” and then on the inside just put “Father So and So.”

Reverend you can use for any religious minister/priest/pastor. Because it just means “holy.” It’s a good fail safe.

Post # 9
9 posts
  • Wedding: December 2010

As a callligrapher, let me agree with the comments! It’s Rev. Joe Smith on the outside encelope and Father Smith on the inside.

The topic ‘Catholic priest salutation’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors