CD 112. Please tell me something positive!

posted 2 years ago in TTC
Post # 2
981 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Have you gone to the doctor to talk about the cycle? Maybe they can prescribe that med that makes periods start again (forgot the name, but my OB mentioned it to me once)

Post # 3
9595 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

tommywantwingy :  Im sorry youre struggling. Go to the doc! If they are stumped then I would work with a naturopath. Maybe Vitex can jumpstart things for you.

Post # 4
695 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

tommywantwingy :  Has your doctor mentioned trying a Provera challenge? It should induce a period and hopefully act as a “reset button” for your cycle.

Post # 5
1606 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

Ugh I‘m sorry bee. I was on day 55 last cycle and was freaking out so I can imagine it is much worse for you. Day 41 now and still nothing. If it doubled in time I think I’d go crazy. Hugs!

Have you tried acupuncture? My friend told me it really helped to regulate her cycle and promote ovulation. I went yesterday for my first time and will be going once a week for a month. Couldn’t hurt to give it a try?

Post # 6
552 posts
Busy bee

I’m sorry you are experiencing this. I have been in a similar situation so I can understand. This is what I did to get AF.

First thing first is breathe, let go of the anxiety. It’s almost like a vicious cycle. The more anxious you are, the longer it takes, more stress causes higher cortisol levels. Just soothe yourself saying that AF will eventually arrive, she’s just taking longer than usual. She WILL be here.

Are you NOT exercising/over-exercising lately? Exercising can boost your metabolism and hormone production. Over-exercising causes stress on the body. Most female atheletes have this problem. At the same time some exercise does wonders for stress by releasing endorphins. Consider going on a brisk walk or doing some light cardio if you’re not already.

There are a few natural substances that helps contract the uterus and kickstart AF. DO NOT USE THESE IF YOU ARE PREGNANT OR ACTIVELY TTC. A high dose of Vitamin C, ripe papaya, parsley soup (yes its disgusting) and a pinch of turmeric in milk before bedtime works wonders. Papaya usually does the trick for me.

Good luck and best wishes 🙂

Post # 7
667 posts
Busy bee

I am sorry you’re going through this. I know you have worked hard on gaining weight. Maybe you need to gain a little more. :/

Post # 10
1606 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

tommywantwingy :  if you have extended health care you could check and see if it’s covered? That’s the only way I can afford it! If not then I understand, it is pretty flippin expensive!

Post # 11
433 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

tommywantwingy :  You might have already done this, but try searching for “community” or group acupuncture.  We have that in my town, it’s the only way I could afford it.  Each session is $35 to $50 based on how much you can pay (honor system), versus $100 for a private session. The only difference is, you’re in a room of other people getting treated, all separated by screens.

Post # 12
493 posts
Helper bee

This happened to me. 6 months no period… took Provera and preggo first cycle 

Post # 13
1953 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I totally recommend seeing a naturopath who specializes in hormonal imblanaces. I, like you, had extremely long and irregular cycle coming off the pill. I got off about 6 months prior to TTC and it took me over 115 days to get my first period (can’t remember the exact length) the next cycle was over 60, then 50. That’s when I started seeing her and within 2 cycles I was down to 35 days. It was amazing. 

Post # 14
9564 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2016

I think I’ve told you this before, but just in case if I haven’t: when I came of BC I didn’t get my period for 9 months.   I wasn’t underweight but I had been bulemic/anorexic for a while at that point, and it was during my lowest weight point so my body’s stress response to malnutrition was potentially involved.  The only reason it came back was because my doctor put me BACK on the pill for a month, which somehow kick-started things.  My cycle has been chugging along ever since!  It’s not perfectly regular, but I’ve never gone more than 45 days without a period since then, and I had a CP so I know I can get pregnant: all good stuff..

I was not TTC at the time, so this story isn’t about comiserating: I have no idea how frustrating what you’re going through is.  I’m just hoping that maybe my story gives you some hope that things will get better, and hopefully very suddenly.

*hugs* 

also, proud of you for your weight gain and keeping it up.  I hope you feel ready to ask your doc for the provera soon!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors