(Closed) ceremony 101??

posted 7 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
Hostess
18637 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

1. It’s okay to have the same song playing for the entire processional.  We did and people weren’t confused.

2. I have only ever seen the bridal party standing during the ceremony.

3. It’s fine not to have people throw things, usually when they do it, it is later at the exit, not during the actual recessional.

Post # 4
664 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

I’m getting married in Haiti, and here the bridal party sits. Even the bride and groom! They will walk in and stand one at the end of each row on either side of the aisle. Then when we sit down (after my dad gives me away), they will sit too.

Post # 5
3081 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

1. I think it’s fine to play the same song for both. Probably better than trying to make your walk down the aisle reaaaaallllyyyy slow! 

2. In outdoor weddings, I have only ever seen the bridal party standing during the whole ceremony. In church ceremonies, however, they sit for some of it. However that’s not to say that you can’t have them sit if you are concerned for their comfort. Depends on how long your ceremony will be and the atmosphere you will have. 

3. It is absolutely fine for them to just clap!

PS I love that you are having your dogs take some of the roles. 

Post # 6
315 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 1997

1) I see couple do this all the time.

2) Yes, they usually stand with you. They are “your” bridal party, so they stand with you.

3) Most of the couples I work with only having the traditional clapping at the recessional.

4) Love pet friendly weddings!

The topic ‘ceremony 101??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors