(Closed) Ceremony in a Cement Bowl

posted 9 years ago in Reception
  • poll: What should I do?
    Keep the venue and hope for the best! : (3 votes)
    27 %
    Ditch the venue and hope to find something as nice! : (8 votes)
    73 %
    Have the wedding the Thursday before original date (the only opening) : (0 votes)
  • Post # 3
    1901 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

    Did they tell you what the average date is?

    I voted to keep it, but now that I’m realizing how much time you have, I would say look into your other options. The drained pond would not be an attractive sight for your guests or you. Did they tell you this before you put down $$?

    Post # 4
    6597 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2010

    Can you get it written into your contract that it will not be drained – if not.. I think I might look for a new venue while holding onto that one on the backburner!

    Im sorry – I know how much the venue search sucks!!!!!

    Post # 5
    2434 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2008

    Wow.  Hard call.  If you can find someplace you like equally as much or better, then switch.  If not, hope for the best.

    Post # 6
    3979 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: January 2012

    Have you signed a contract & put down a deposit? 

    Truthfully, the city only cares about their budget. What if next year’s budget is hurting & the maintenance is just an extra expense they don’t need? They shut it off the day before someone elses wedding this month, right? I just wouldn’t chance it… 🙁

    Post # 7
    60 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

    get it in writing that it will be full for your wedding.  definitely not too much to ask.  if they can’t do it, definitely move it to somewhere else!

    Post # 9
    35 posts
    • Wedding: April 2010

    Would you be losing a lot on the deposit if you pulled out?  Maybe you can work something out with them?  Since you might not be getting what you paid for!

    The thing I’m learning is that… do things that’ll help you NOT be stressed day-of… so if this will be a major stress factor, then perhaps book another place!

    Post # 10
    383 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2009

    Hmm.. never heard this one before. I can’t form an opinion without knowing how much money you have put down. I would say that if you have put it all done or even half (depending on how much the total is in the first place) I would risk it; it sounds like you SHOULD be okay. But I say if you haven’t put down much or anything at all to start looking elsewhere. The pond looks fairly large in the pic on the site so it probably wouldn’t be totally attractive.

    Even if you have put money down I would first try to get it back if you do end up switching venues; that should be something they should tell you upfront if they are a good business. Same courtesy as unto others, right?

    The topic ‘Ceremony in a Cement Bowl’ is closed to new replies.

    Find Amazing Vendors