(Closed) Ceremony space, reception, food and beverage all included – worth it for $6500?

posted 5 years ago in Venue
Post # 2
979 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2016 - Blue Hound Farm

I think that sounds like a pretty good price, and I think having the place to yourself would be really nice. I’d go for the full package

Post # 3
690 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Yes! 

Post # 4
608 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

View original reply
babeba:  I’m paying $10k for all that, so… yes.

Post # 5
1213 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
babeba:  so you pay the same price whether you have 40 or 70 people? That’s a significant difference. the venue sounds amazing.

Post # 6
592 posts
Busy bee

That sounds amazing! Some venues charge that much just for the privledge of using their venue! 

Post # 7
1526 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

Kinda depends what area you’re in? Also is that price for 40 or 70?

Post # 8
2716 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015 - St Peter\'s Church, East Maitland, and Bella Vista, Newcastle

That’s pretty good – we’re paying just under $7500 for all that minus ceremony space for 75 guests.  I’d say hire a bus rather than subsidise hotel rooms.

Post # 9
773 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2015 - Carmen\'s Lakeview

With our wedding package, it was similar, food, open bar, linens, cake, centrepieces, late night buffet, honeymoon suite, beautiful view, etc. and it was a similar price (well, closer to 11k for 95 people but that also includes ceremony, dj services and lounge rental for an hour–but you get the idea)! I called them on it because it does sound too good to be true and they told me that they are part of a bigger company and do weddings regularly. They even said they know they are well below competitor prices, but that being said, when we went to book, they had every Friday and Saturday booked nearly a year in advance, so we had to settle for a Sunday (which is cheaper anyways). They said over time, they are increasing their prices to make it similar to competitors but we lucked out. Maybe you’ve just found that gem afterall?? All I can say is read the fine print carefully before signing just in case, and ask around for reviews (maybe their food sucks?) just to see what is said!

I also spoke to a videographer in my area and he was super cheap but had lots of experience. I asked why he was so low compared to similar packages elsewhere and he said that he felt that just because it has the word “wedding” doesn’t mean it should cost an arm and a leg to pay for! Maybe theres some companies out there who feel the same??

Post # 11
251 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

That sounds like an incredible deal!

Post # 12
1526 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

View original reply
babeba:  sounds great!

Post # 13
776 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - Magnolia House

I think it sounds great. And I would do the extra 1000 to have it private and just your wedding not random tourists. Sounds like a great venue!

The topic ‘Ceremony space, reception, food and beverage all included – worth it for $6500?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors