Chang name+move states

posted 7 months ago in Names
Post # 2
2940 posts
Sugar bee

Change it with SSA first. It doesn’t really matter which state you do it in because it’s a federal agency. Wait until you move to change it at DMV using your new Social Security card. 

Post # 3
7819 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I agree with PP. Please note that it takes 1-2 weeks to get your new social security card after filing for that name change. You will have a harder time changing your name for some other documents until you have a new social security card though. 

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors