(Closed) Change in Plans: Recommendations for Great Banquet hall to fit 250-300 people

posted 9 years ago in Los Angeles
Post # 4
2681 posts
Sugar bee

In Long Beach there is the Reef (beautiful room overlooking the harbor), the Aquarium of the Pacific, Hotels (Hilton, Hyatt) and a boutique hotel The Hotel Maya.

Post # 5
135 posts
Blushing bee

What kind of wedding do you have in mind? That would help narrow down the choices a bit, there are so many in LA/OC.

If you want an elegant or vintage wedding you can try the Langham in Pasadena – We had our wedding there and all our guests loved it. If you’re looking for modern try some of the many museums in Pasadena or LA. If you’re an animal lover, you can have weddings at the zoo or the Long Beach Aquarium (we’re shooting on there in a few weeks – I’m so excited)! What about an outdoor wedding at a private residence in Palos Verdes? A beach wedding at the Huntington Beach Hyatt or Hilton? The options are endless! Happy wedding planning 🙂

Post # 7
513 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

My sister got married at the Altadena Country Club and it was fantastic! It was a perfect wedding. That’s where they filmed Dirty Dancing!

I am from Arcadia, so I know the area well if you have any other questions. If I was getting married in the San Gabriel Valley, I would get married at the Altadena Country Club or Alverno High School. They have a villa that is a copy of something that Michaelangelo made in Italy. They film so many things there. They filmed the reception part of Gun’s N Roses “November Rain” video there. But the drawbacks are you have to bring many things in yourself. But, I think you get to bring in your own booze which could save you thousands of dollars to balance out the large fee to rent the space. But, gosh it is gorgeous and special.

Both places are fantastic.

Good luck!

Post # 8
513 posts
Busy bee

Alverno is called villa del so d’oro.

http://www.sagardens.com/VDSDO/

So pretty. I had to share photos. My mother went to high school there. Her best friend just threw me a shower over the weekend and brought her wedding photos. She got married there!

[attachment=279960,33269] [attachment=279960,33270] [attachment=279960,33271]

Post # 9
513 posts
Busy bee

Here is the Altadena Country Club website. It’s probably more of what you are looking for:

http://www.altaclub.com/

It was a great wedding.

Post # 10
2476 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I would also look into the Skirball Center in LA.  It’s a beautiful modern space.  Or Descanso Gardens in La Canada Flintridge has really pretty gardens.  I’ve also seen weddings at the Japanese Gardens on the CSULB campus that were quite nice.  Good luck!! 

Post # 12
513 posts
Busy bee

One more place, my friends got married last year at the Malibou Lake Country Club. It was nice too, but I liked the Altadena Country Club a little better. They are both great.

The topic ‘Change in Plans: Recommendations for Great Banquet hall to fit 250-300 people’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors