(Closed) changing a website URL?

posted 10 years ago in Technology
Post # 3
416 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2008 - Imperia Hotel (modern chic hotel)

Hi there…. you can purchase a domain name : eg: http://www.simpleurl.com and simply redirect it to your already existing – more complicated URL


Post # 4
2004 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2008

Check out tinyurl: http://tinyurl.com/

You plug in your website you want to link to, and it will give you a short url that redirects to it automatically. The url always begins with http://tinyurl.com/ and then you can personalize the ending. A lot of names are taken so you may have to play around with it until you find a unique identifier. Or it can generate one randomly. For example, I made http://tinyurl.com/changeURLwb to link to this weddingbee board post.

The site is also free to use. Good luck 🙂

Post # 5
1091 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2018 - Oakland Manor

Yes, you can do it by either of the methods above as mentioned.

 If you are familiar with lol catz you can use http://www.icanhaz.com and create something like this:


which works in the same way as tidyurl.com

Or you could also buy a domain via godaddy.com or 123-reg.co.uk and simply redirect the simple domain (such as http://www.myweddingdomain.com) to your wedding mapper name.

Within the control panel you will be able to redirect your new url to the old one.


The topic ‘changing a website URL?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors