(Closed) Changing Name Back… but not divorced!

posted 6 years ago in Names
Post # 3
942 posts
Busy bee

Hi!  I’m in the same boat.  I use my maiden name professionally. 

I believe that you can petition the court to change your last name without requiring a marriage cert or divorce decree.  You’ll have to explain to the court why you want the change and the petition will either be granted or denied. I had a friend in law school that changed his last name to the original family name when they came through Ellis Island.  

Good luck!

The topic ‘Changing Name Back… but not divorced!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors