(Closed) Changing name, drivers license or photocopy??

posted 7 years ago in Names
Post # 3
23592 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@Nichol513:  I didn’t even know that you could mail in a request for a name change! I went to to the social security office to take care of it, and it was super easy. Is there some reason you can’t just go to the SS office?  I would be really uncomfortable with a) driving without a driver’s license and b) mailing in my only form of identification!

Post # 4
13563 posts
Honey Beekeeper

I agree with @pengoala:. I was going to suggest just going to the SS office. It’s a bit of a hassle, but less of a hassle than trying to get certified copies of everything.

According to the SS website…

“All documents must be either originals or certified copies by the issuing agency. We cannot accept photocopies or notarized copies of documents. Any documents you mail to us will be returned to you along with a receipt.”

So sounds like all of the documents. 🙁

Post # 5
219 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

I couldn’t figure out how to do this either, I just went and spent the 3 hours sitting down there and doing it 🙁

Post # 6
3423 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@Nichol513:  I just mailed all my stuff in and a copy of my DL *fingers crossed* I hope it works!I decided to mail it in only because I went there and there was a ton of people inside with a line out the door.  

Post # 7
685 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I’d just go down to the local social security office.  I lined up about a half hour before it opened and got it done in 15 minutes. 

I tried to go one time in the afternoon and there was a huge wait (like 2 hours), though, so the half hour in line before it opened was worth it.

The topic ‘Changing name, drivers license or photocopy??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors